Notifications
Clear all

16 year old, Female and Depressed

MemberMember
(@siidrraah)

Posted : 05/19/2017 2:46 pm

Hello guys, this is my first time using this app so forgive me if I posted it in the wrong forums etc. 

This is is an overview of my life;
i started to breakout when I was 11 years old, then when I was 13 and fourteen it started to get worse. I'm 16 and I have severe cystic Acne. I have tried all GP products and over the counter, natural remedies..... which only work for a short period of time be my skin goes back to its original state.

I as referred to a dermatologist around a few months ago and I was meant to start isotretinoin. However, I took a blood test to find that I have extremely high white blood cell count. I then took another one; came up with the same results. I took another one and I'm pretty sure the results are the same so therefore I am not able to start isotretinoin or any antibiotic as the dermatologist referred me to a hemtologist so they are aware and they can find the issue. How ever this Will take a long time which is actually sad since  it's getting worse.

ive always been self conscious but made sure acne doesn't take over my life therefore I am extremely Social able but now I'm starting to slowly become weaker and it becomes harder to ignore. Tatting college to see that no one has the serverity of my acne therefore making me even more self conscious. It has come to a point in which I don't want to leave the house to do anything since people stare at you skin either in disgust or pity.

Honestly I need any advice I can get cause I'm slowly losing myself.

I can't eat with this anymore.

PS- I can't remove my facial hair due to my acne so please don't comment (it's another thing which I hate about myself)image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@lidia-ren)

Posted : 05/19/2017 4:17 pm

Hello, did a dermatologist told you to check your hormones levels? check your liver, different types of worms in the digestive tract? pass a Demodextest? experiment with your diet and eliminate products that are common contributors to acne? pass a test for candida and yeast infection? (both on the skinand urea/blood)?
As you have some facial hair, hormones can be thecause of acne (also, it can be just a hereditary trait, I don't know your case).
Could you please describe what you are applying topically on your skin? (not just treatments, but also washing, cleansing, moisturisingproducts, makeup, oils etc).

I know it's pretty devastating, but you can make your skin much worse if just trying different methods without knowing the cause.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/19/2017 4:46 pm

Find a derm that will give you accutane asap. You have a sever case.

MemberMember
(@beautiful-woman)

Posted : 05/19/2017 7:28 pm

4 hours ago, Siidrraah said:

Hello guys, this is my first time using this app so forgive me if I posted it in the wrong forums etc. 

This is is an overview of my life;
i started to breakout when I was 11 years old, then when I was 13 and fourteen it started to get worse. I'm 16 and I have severe cystic Acne. I have tried all GP products and over the counter, natural remedies..... which only work for a short period of time be my skin goes back to its original state.

I as referred to a dermatologist around a few months ago and I was meant to start isotretinoin. However, I took a blood test to find that I have extremely high white blood cell count. I then took another one; came up with the same results. I took another one and I'm pretty sure the results are the same so therefore I am not able to start isotretinoin or any antibiotic as the dermatologist referred me to a hemtologist so they are aware and they can find the issue. How ever this Will take a long time which is actually sad since  it's getting worse.

ive always been self conscious but made sure acne doesn't take over my life therefore I am extremely Social able but now I'm starting to slowly become weaker and it becomes harder to ignore. Tatting college to see that no one has the serverity of my acne therefore making me even more self conscious. It has come to a point in which I don't want to leave the house to do anything since people stare at you skin either in disgust or pity.

Honestly I need any advice I can get cause I'm slowly losing myself.

I can't eat with this anymore.

PS- I can't remove my facial hair due to my acne so please don't comment (it's another thing which I hate about myself)image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Mine is just like that except I have much more zits. I feel so ugly but I saw your face and you are beautiful. Your hair is magnificent. I love your eyelashes. I think my compliments may not make a difference. I'm just some random girl on the internet. My heart goes out to you. I know the pain. I hope you don't end up like me. The times I've been out of the house in like a year are for doctor visits and giving birth. I don't work. I put on makeup as soon as I wake up and takes it off after my husband goes to bed. I'm a mess. When you find someone who thinks you're the most beautiful woman in the world and if he or she loves you and you love he or she. Listen to his or her words then they compliment you. The bullies words are rubbish. On YouTube look up the channels Cassandra Bankson GotToHaveFaith, and Learningtobefearless. You should know about women and girls with acne who don't let acne hold them back. Also this channel called Accutane Diary. She expresses the pain in a way that touches my heart. You are beautiful to me and I am such to a bunch of other people. Anyone who has problem with you having acne. They're the problem not you. Your efforts to change you should only reflect your desires and not anyone else's. Say I have acne and I'm beautiful at least once a day. If the pain gets unbearably there is no shame in seeking the help of a psychiatrist or a psychologist. You deserve to be happy. Thank you for being brave enough to post your face. It made me smile. So beautiful. 

MemberMember
(@siidrraah)

Posted : 05/19/2017 9:23 pm

5 hours ago, Lidia.REN said:

Hello, did a dermatologist told you to check your hormones levels? check your liver, different types of worms in the digestive tract? pass a Demodextest? experiment with your diet and eliminate products that are common contributors to acne? pass a test for candida and yeast infection? (both on the skinand urea/blood)?
As you have some facial hair, hormones can be thecause of acne (also, it can be just a hereditary trait, I don't know your case).
Could you please describe what you are applying topically on your skin? (not just treatments, but also washing, cleansing, moisturisingproducts, makeup, oils etc).

I know it's pretty devastating, but you can make your skin much worse if just trying different methods without knowing the cause.

Honeslty my Dermatologist experience was not pleasant at all. The first doctor messed it up and didn't do my documents right; got passed along to another dermatologist. She said my white blood cell count is too high and she's wondering why so wants me to go to be hemotologist. She said she can't prescribe any antibiotics due to the white blood cell count and she said the anti biotics may affect the results. Also, I'm kind of leaning to whether I have PCOS but I don't know exactly how to get tested for it.

im currentlyusing the a tea tree foam cleanser with a tea tree toner and a Nivea moisturiser. I also have a seaweed clay mask aswell.

MemberMember
(@jules85)

Posted : 05/20/2017 2:19 am

Hi, I am now 30 and I have had persistent acne since I was 18. I had previous antibiotics for 8 weeks due to Endocarditis and further antibiotics for years for the acne which never worked. I have had constant digestive issues and only recently through own research have realised the connection between antibiotic use destroying the good bacteria in your gut which can potentially make acne worse. I started the Candida diet followed by the GAPS diet. Do some research on these, it may work for you but requires cutting out various food groups. I make my own fermented probiotic "Kefir" drink which is full of beneficial bacteria to boost your immune system. I also did a colon cleanse using Oxy-Kalm cleanser capsukes. I take a Zinc supplement everyday along with digestive enzymes. I really believe there is a clear link between acne and the imbalance of gut bacteria! MY acne is almost gone, only clogged pores now on my forehead. I only use 2 percent salycilic acid exfoliater twice per week for a few minutes to strip dead skin cells. I also stopped wearing makeup to let my skin heal. I use Silver Genesis Super Hudrogel which rejuvenates skin tissue and neutralises bacteria. This gel uses nano silver and is a great moisturiser without clogging pores. I also purchased an LED light therapy mask (not UV). This has helped heal my skin. I hope some of my suggestions will help you.

MemberMember
(@jules85)

Posted : 05/20/2017 3:37 am

Hi I wouldn't recommend using foaming cleansers as they usually contain sodium Laurel Sufate which can dry out the skin and in turn make your skin produce more oil. It can also irritate your skin. It sounds like you have PCOS as you have the excess facial hair and acne. You can have blood tests done to check out your hormone levels. You can help your Insulin levels by cutting out foods that raise your sugar level quickly. Be careful using Nivea products, they can be quite oily.

MemberMember
(@lidia-ren)

Posted : 05/20/2017 4:41 am

Thank you for the answer.

In the vast majority of cases causes of acne are hormonal disbalance and Demodex (its an acarus that lives on the most peoples faces, but sometimes, when an organism canat protect itself, it starts to reproduce extensively, causing an infection and acne. Mz friend used to have this, and she had pretty bad acne, worse than yours. So, in this case, a doctorhave to prescribe specific antisacarnus medications, because nothing else will work).

I used to have PCOS by myself.
For some people, it turns out their hormonal disbalance is mild and eliminating dairy from the diet helps to return to the normal state, but for some people, this is inherited condition/much severe case and eliminating food that containshormones doesn't help so much, as they have PCOS, for example, or some other serious conditions.

To check whether you have PCOS the dermatologist (or maybe GP or endocrinologist) has to send you to pass a blood test (prolactin, 17-oxiprogesterone, both free andgeneral testosterone, globulin that binds sex hormones and maybe some others). Also, you have to pass a medicinal ultrasound. The doctor will see whether one or two of your ovaries are larger than normal and whether they contain many immature follicles and will be able to confirm a diagnose.

If you have PCOS, antibiotics or Accutanewill not help (just temporarily), as I used to take both. Accutane and antibiotics don't cure hormones and when the organism eliminate the drug (for Accutane may vary for different people. I would say arounda year), the acne will start to show up again.
The thing is, you have a high leucocytes level, which is a signal of infection. If you don't have an elevated level of eosinophils, it's not related to worms in the digestive tract ( I should mention I have Master's degree in Biochemistry and BSc in Genetics).
Maybe it's just an infection that developed because of fo the hormonal disbalance and the spread of acne as a consequence. Or maybe you could have fungi or yeast infection as well (besides hormonal disbalance, that you have to check).
I checked those too. Th doctor takes a cotton ball and makes a smear on the face then checks it under the microscope (the same for demodex). Also, I had to test an urea for candida and yeast and pass a gynaecological smear.
As for me, I didn't have any elevated cell levels but had only PCOS, thus the doctors didn't detect any infections.

Why I asked you about skincare and makeup, it because many people have a sensitivity to some chemicals and breakout from those. A part of my acne was because of skincare and makeup. I detected it when I had a clear face and introduced only one product at a time (I used to wash my face only with water before). So, it turned out, some face washed induced cystic acne, some creams induced small whiteheads, that could develop to bigger, silicones in makeup induced redness and small whiteheads. You can literally test products for harmful chemicals on my face.
I wasn't using cheap or not checked products (I literally checked every ingredient for its comedogenicity and used only "safe" products for sensitive skin). I didn't use those, that you named, but I tried bioderma, clinique, la rosh posay, lumene, lancome, Chanel, bar minerals and many
others. The only one that don't break out me (from those I tried and considering I wash my face with a cleanser only two-three times per week) was REN evercalm milk cleanser. I don't advertise this brand, because their famous glycolic mask make me break out insanely.
Generally, I found the best option is to wash only with water, don't allow your shampoo to fall down the face.
But in th active fase you should use some topical medication (I used an adapalene cream, which helped very mush. and alsobenzoyl peroxide creams. NOt at the same time! I started with benzoyl peroxide creams, as they kill a lot of bacteria. That gave me time also to cure my organism inside. I used to take birth control pills, but if you are interested I will write another comment about this.
Also, I would suggest not no use oils on the face. It's not because when you have acne, you have oily face and you don't need moisturising. NO.
It's because oils can be relly demaging to the skin. If you are interested, I can send you a result of my investigation how even organic 100%pure and natural oils act on the skin (I had a really bad experience with those too, so I started investigating what's the deal).
Also, I came across some scientific articles about diffeences in sebum in normal and acne state. I will share the information when I read them.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/20/2017 8:54 am

Do yourself the biggest favor you could ever do,get a regime of topicals to rid yourself of the active stuff,this regimen,dans stuff whatever it is,the cleansers,moisturisers and peroxide dpot treatment stuff and start a new regime and start turning a fresh page in your life right now and rewrite your lifes better story.

also fight whatever is aggravating your acne,yes go to dermatologist and get checks yadda yadda but,and heres the bug but,start fighting this shit from inside.

change your tegime to a more healthier skin one.

you dont need telling,steer away from sugar,dairy etc etc

i dont want to keep repeating myself and i know for a fact you know what you need to change and eat,drink water few times etc etc.

keep your fingers off yoyr face and keep your hygene good,cut down on masturbation.

get reading the forum,get yoyr pen and paper out and write a new page in your life kid.your still  young and got a life ahead of you believe you have so dont fook it up by ignoring the good advice.

write down a new regime for yourself,stick to it,adjust it accordingly and i guarantee you all this shit will reduce itself,it wont ho overnight i kid you not but,it will go to a more managable and terable level and then you can think about sorting any scarring out thats occured.

even if you get accutane still fight this stuff inside and change your life habits.

good luck.
:)

MemberMember
(@spongebob2000)

Posted : 05/21/2017 3:52 pm

You're gorgeous to me

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/24/2017 12:17 am

Constipation
parasites
junk food
this is what cause worst acne if not healed
drink buttermilk or kefir 1 cup a day
drink herbal teas they help control hormones and acne
this the best herbs for women;
chamomile, mint, nettle, red raspberry leaves, burdock, milk thistle and lavender

Eat soups everyday

MemberMember
(@aplentyknight)

Posted : 05/24/2017 1:29 am

It's really not as bad as you think, my skin used to be worse. The regimen made my skin legitimately perfect, I have been using it for over a year and a half now- please consider starting it because it changed my life and brought me out of a severe depression caused from my skin.

MemberMember
(@lidia-ren)

Posted : 05/24/2017 2:11 pm

don't suggest you trying drinking buttermilk or kefir, as it could be a hormonal problem, and that will only add cow hormones to yours. Don't understand this suggestion.
I'veseen the same comment on another post and can't get it at all...
I would not eat any dairy before checking hormones.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/24/2017 2:48 pm

32 minutes ago, Lidia.REN said:

don't suggest you trying drinking buttermilk or kefir, as it could be a hormonal problem, and that will only add cow hormones to yours. Don't understand this suggestion.
I'veseen the same comment on another post and can't get it at all...
I would not eat any dairy before checking hormones.

Buttermilk helps digestion if you experience constipation 1 day or more days your body system becomes very toxic acted and it will show on face
there is more hormones in drive trues and restaurants
organic dairy makes a difference i experience that

MemberMember
(@lidia-ren)

Posted : 05/24/2017 4:01 pm

1 hour ago, AhaGuru said:
Buttermilk helps digestion if you experience constipation 1 day or more days your body system becomes very toxic acted and it will show on face
there is more hormones in drive trues and restaurants
organic dairy makes a difference i experience that

I was not talking about hormones which are added to the animals' food at big farms for better growth or higher yield. I was talking about steroid hormones that are naturally present in cow milk (any cow milk, even if it lived in an empty planet with only grass on it).
If you have PCOS, steroid hormones will be very elevated. Cow's hormones will only add to the problem.

It's very easy to find articles on google academia, if you need some kind of evidence.
Check even these easily and fastly found one:

" The naturally occurring hormones in dairy foods have biological effects in humans and animals, which are ranging from growth promoting effects that related to sex steroids (9), to carcinogenic properties that associate to some active metabolites of oestrogens and IGF-1 (10). "

Iran J Public Health. 2015 Jun; 44(6): 742758.
PMCID:PMC4524299

Hormones in Dairy Foods and Their Impact on Public Health - A Narrative Review Article

Also, one remark. (kefir) helps with aconstipation as it contains a lot of bacteria. It doesn't help to remove toxins, or inflamation on the skin, when your hormones are crazy. Some toxins indeed show on the face, but please, read how steroid hormones interract with membrane receptors, change the transcription in cells and how it causes acne.
I have Biochemistry degree and don't like phrases that are not confirmed by facts. Sorry.
If I am wrong, show me where and why and then I will change my mind then.

Maybe commercial milk has more hormones, but organic has them as well. It was the only thing I wanted to tell.

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/24/2017 7:57 pm

3 hours ago, Lidia.REN said:
I was not talking about hormones which are added to the animals' food at big farms for better growth or higher yield. I was talking about steroid hormones that are naturally present in cow milk (any cow milk, even if it lived in an empty planet with only grass on it).
If you have PCOS, steroid hormones will be very elevated. Cow's hormones will only add to the problem.

It's very easy to find articles on google academia, if you need some kind of evidence.
Check even these easily and fastly found one:

" The naturally occurring hormones in dairy foods have biological effects in humans and animals, which are ranging from growth promoting effects that related to sex steroids (9), to carcinogenic properties that associate to some active metabolites of oestrogens and IGF-1 (10). "

Iran J Public Health. 2015 Jun; 44(6): 742758.
PMCID:PMC4524299

Hormones in Dairy Foods and Their Impact on Public Health - A Narrative Review Article

Also, one remark. (kefir) helps with aconstipation as it contains a lot of bacteria. It doesn't help to remove toxins, or inflamation on the skin, when your hormones are crazy. Some toxins indeed show on the face, but please, read how steroid hormones interract with membrane receptors, change the transcription in cells and how it causes acne.
I have Biochemistry degree and don't like phrases that are not confirmed by facts. Sorry.
If I am wrong, show me where and why and then I will change my mind then.

Maybe commercial milk has more hormones, but organic has them as well. It was the only thing I wanted to tell.

I do Understand that hormones in regular milk react negatively
i was on organic milk for a while, I almost never break out that time, one or 2 pop and just go away very fast
i then switch to regular milk I had the worst break out ever
so organic does makes a difference:)
hormones do mess up, when diet and sleep schedule is not normal
kefir/buttermilk contains probiotics which helps with digestion
no it doesn't remove toxins
I'm just stated that when you experience constipation it's extremely toxic to body most of the time it's one of the reasons to extreme breakout
parasites are one of the reasons too people can have extreme acne breakout,
if you eat out a lot, most likely you will carry extra roommates, cause in restaurants it's not always sanitary how people cook, they don't wash seafood, meat and produce most of the time

MemberMember
(@lidia-ren)

Posted : 05/25/2017 8:38 am

you are right)
but I would surely avoid milkand dairy at all, if my hormoes were unstable.