Notifications
Clear all

I hate my skin

MemberMember
(@grub101)

Posted : 05/18/2017 6:02 am

Hi,
I'm a 14-year-oldgirl.
I don't have acne but I get pimples and they make me hate my skin so much. I feel like everybody is looking at my skin and not at what I am really like as a person. I recently tried Apple Cider Vinegar for my clogged pores in the middle of my forehead and it just made everything so much worse. I hate the disappointment of trying a new product thinking it will be the miracle and breaking out all over your entire face.

I feel like boys will never like me. My skin always gets an oily sheen as soon as I get to school. I can't even look in the mirror anymore because I hate what I see.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong with my skin. I wash my face twice a day with Garnier face wash and moisturise straight afterwards. I have a clean pillow and I never touch my face throughout the day. I eat hardly any sugar and am thinking of starting a dairy free diet. But as I am still growing I'm not sure if that is the healthiest option? Has anyone cleared their skin by eliminating dairy?

Please help, I believe I am starting to become depressed over my skin.
Thankyou

MemberMember
(@jessieleigh)

Posted : 05/18/2017 3:38 pm

Your oily skin is most likely a result of fluctuating hormones. You're going through puberty so you're going to see an uptick in greasy skin. A good thing to carry in your bag is a pack of oil blotting sheets, they work wonders in taking the oil right off.

I was never a fan of Garnier products. I'm not really a fan of 95% of drug store acne washes because they are just filled with tons of chemicals that make things worse by throwing off your skin's PH balance and stripping it of moisture.

A little tidbit of information, if you're getting super greasy, you don't need moisturizer. Most people DON'T need moisturizer at all, but the beauty industry has everyone convinced that they need to slather their face with this stuff. You don't.

A quick easy way to wash your face is with plain Dove white bar soap. My doctor recommended this to me years and years ago and I never washed my face with anything else ever again.

I deal with cystic acne still, so when I need to ensure my face stays bacteria free I use Hibiclens wash. It's an antiseptic that works for 24-hours keeping the area clean.

As far as moisturizing, I use vitamin E oil. I get mine at Trader Joe's for $4.99. No chemicals, no synthetics, just straight vitamin E. Great for wiping out acne too. Little bit goes a real long way so I mainly use at night.

grub101 liked
MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/23/2017 2:45 pm

On 5/18/2017 at 4:02 AM, grub101 said:

Hi,
I'm a 14-year-oldgirl.
I don't have acne but I get pimples and they make me hate my skin so much. I feel like everybody is looking at my skin and not at what I am really like as a person. I recently tried Apple Cider Vinegar for my clogged pores in the middle of my forehead and it just made everything so much worse. I hate the disappointment of trying a new product thinking it will be the miracle and breaking out all over your entire face.

I feel like boys will never like me. My skin always gets an oily sheen as soon as I get to school. I can't even look in the mirror anymore because I hate what I see.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong with my skin. I wash my face twice a day with Garnier face wash and moisturise straight afterwards. I have a clean pillow and I never touch my face throughout the day. I eat hardly any sugar and am thinking of starting a dairy free diet. But as I am still growing I'm not sure if that is the healthiest option? Has anyone cleared their skin by eliminating dairy?

Please help, I believe I am starting to become depressed over my skin.
Thankyou

Use face cleanser at night only
just plain cold water in the mornings
organic dairy makes a huge difference
when you eat junk on empty stomach it will show on your face
try to bring fruits with you to school like carrots/sliced apples/raw nuts(soaked overnight/or organic dry fruits

Drink buttermilk or kefir 1 cup at evenings it helps keep skin clear
also drink herbal teas like mint, chamomile, nettle, burdock, milk thistle(check high end grocery store at tea section)
They fight inflammation and prevent future acne
also take vitamins especially for skin ( any high end grocery store will carry them)

grub101 liked
MemberMember
(@grub101)

Posted : 05/27/2017 5:44 pm

On 5/24/2017 at 5:45 AM, AhaGuru said:
Use face cleanser at night only
just plain cold water in the mornings
organic dairy makes a huge difference
when you eat junk on empty stomach it will show on your face
try to bring fruits with you to school like carrots/sliced apples/raw nuts(soaked overnight/or organic dry fruits

Drink buttermilk or kefir 1 cup at evenings it helps keep skin clear
also drink herbal teas like mint, chamomile, nettle, burdock, milk thistle(check high end grocery store at tea section)
They fight inflammation and prevent future acne
also take vitamins especially for skin ( any high end grocery store will carry them)

Thanks for your help
I drink at least 3 cups of green tea everyday but have recently tried spearmint instead. I am also taking a Zinc supplement, especially for the skin. I've stopped using the Garnier product I was using and now using either Dermeze facial cleanser or Proactiv Step 1 cleanser depending on how my skin feels.
I'm still getting clogged pores in the middle of my forehead and all over my chin. Does this have anything to do with my liver? How can I clear them?

On 5/19/2017 at 6:38 AM, JessieLeigh said:

Your oily skin is most likely a result of fluctuating hormones. You're going through puberty so you're going to see an uptick in greasy skin. A good thing to carry in your bag is a pack of oil blotting sheets, they work wonders in taking the oil right off.

I was never a fan of Garnier products. I'm not really a fan of 95% of drug store acne washes because they are just filled with tons of chemicals that make things worse by throwing off your skin's PH balance and stripping it of moisture.

A little tidbit of information, if you're getting super greasy, you don't need moisturizer. Most people DON'T need moisturizer at all, but the beauty industry has everyone convinced that they need to slather their face with this stuff. You don't.

A quick easy way to wash your face is with plain Dove white bar soap. My doctor recommended this to me years and years ago and I never washed my face with anything else ever again.

I deal with cystic acne still, so when I need to ensure my face stays bacteria free I use Hibiclens wash. It's an antiseptic that works for 24-hours keeping the area clean.

As far as moisturizing, I use vitamin E oil. I get mine at Trader Joe's for $4.99. No chemicals, no synthetics, just straight vitamin E. Great for wiping out acne too. Little bit goes a real long way so I mainly use at night.

I used to have a vitamin E moisturiser that I think I will go back to using. My skin is combination so I have really dry patches on my chin and between my brows, normal skin on my cheeks and an oily forehead. Any help on how to deal with combination skin? I also have PIH so I've been considering using a Vitamin C serum. Any thoughts on that?

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/28/2017 10:23 pm

When you overwash face(washing with cleanser in the morning) you get oily skin and clogged pores
dont use scrubs( they will spread pimples all over face)
its very easy to control acne at your age
don't squeeze pimples (you'll get scars and more pimples if you pop) instead apply lavender essential oil to individual pimples, best stuff!(get organic or doterra brand)
its super important to eat very nutritious breakfast! It makes a huge difference if you eat clean!
like oatmeal soak overnight in water with cinnamon stick and eat with raw walnuts or almonds and fresh fruit and 1/2tsp honey
or eggs with vegetables

Every time you drink water try adding apple cider vinegar 1/2tsp

Eat complex carb like brown rice, wild rice,quinoa, whole wheat pasta
and avoid caffeine coffee, soda drinks

Drink herbal teasfor skin
they prevent acne and skin heals very fast
try eating less fried and oily food
add lemon or lime juice to soups and salads

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/28/2017 10:41 pm

Also for dry skin take vitamin E and flaxseed oil,take inside on daily basis
its the best stuff that heals dry skin from inside!

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/29/2017 12:01 am

Try washing face with raw honey in the morning