Notifications
Clear all

Birth control worsening acne 4 months in

MemberMember
(@dyingforclearskin)

Posted : 05/17/2017 9:49 am

Hi im a 17 year old girl and ive had acne for the past 4 years but ive been getting spots since ive been 11. Its the usual story, ive tried everything including zinteryt, benzoyl peroxide, duac, lymecycline, tetracyline ( been on antibiotics for the past 2 years) and also differin cream and 3 types of birth control. My acne was never on my cheeks until i started using birth control and now its only gotten progressively worse. Ive tries microgynon which gave me headaches, the implant which made things much worse and im on gedarel ( same as marvellon) for 4MONTHS NOW. So i dont know if i can still consider this a inital breakout. my skin got much better in month 3 and now month 4 it seems to have started again :( my gp was suppose to refer me to a dermatologist because i want accutane but its been  2 months and the letter hasnt come though and things are getting much worse, idk how to hold on im getting so depressed and even missing school when my exams are coming up, please help!

MemberMember
(@autumn32)

Posted : 08/28/2017 7:36 am

Hi,

How is your skin doing now? Are you still on gedarel?

Im supposed to be starting it soon but I had never actually heard of it before my GP prescribed it. Have you noticed any improvement since your last post?

Fingers crossed gor you, I completely know the feeling.

Take care

MemberMember
(@stephaniejaane)

Posted : 09/01/2017 6:55 pm

The birth control pill yasmin has almost completely cleared my skin, after having acne for 12 years, if you would consider trying that?