Notifications
Clear all

Vbeam for dark red scars

MemberMember
(@tommy8)

Posted : 05/13/2017 11:56 am

Hello,
I had a pox like crater on my face that I got excised a year ago. Everything went great with just a little depression showing, but the redness of the scar is still there. I have an olive complexion and i got one vbeam treatment a few weeks ago. The vbeam made the redness very light, however the redness came back after 2 days. Will more vbeam treatments make it at a satifactory level? I just wanted to know peoples experience, etc.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/13/2017 1:27 pm

This is a hyperpigmentation question, moving this there. Yes you need 6-8 sessions. Sometimes It's not strong enough so they turn it up or move ti IPL treatments. Scars are Never one and done or even pigment issues. Also you need to be using vitamin c serum and hydroquinone aka skin bleach when your treating, as you are olive. Excel V is also another good laser.

MemberMember
(@tommy8)

Posted : 05/14/2017 2:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. However, I dont have hyperpigmentation. When i blanch my scar redness, it turns white, I have pie, rather than pih.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/15/2017 3:41 am

PIE is part of hyperpigmentation. PIH is permanent. They are in the same category.

Please read the FAQ it discusses this

https://www.acne.org/hyperpigmentation.html

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/15/2017 2:41 pm

drink flaxseed oil and try sonya dakar omega booster oil