Notifications
Clear all

my pregnant wife had tried to kill herself because of her acne a week ago

MemberMember
(@broken-hearted)

Posted : 05/13/2017 2:25 am

At 15 I feel in love with this girl. She looked and still looks like an angel to me. Her heart is pure. Her mind is amazing. Her voice is music. I wished so badly that's how she saw herself. I never had acne so I don't know what it is like. Her acne never bothered me. She has very severe acne on her face and other places. Her heart is broken by it. At 23 years old she still has it and it controls her. Her mood. Where she goes. What to wear. It's summer and she wears long sleeves and turtle necks. She picks at her pimples. She sometimes cries when she sees herself. She's 9 months pregnant. She feels worst than ever about her appearance. She had gotten it into her head that she should spare our daughter life of someone with acne. She's seeing a psychiatrist, a psychologist, and a dermatologist. She is due next week. She thinks she will be a horrible mother because of her acne. There are times when me and her are alone and she smiles and laugh. You see the woman she would be if her acne cleared. I hope doctors can help her. I hope she gets happier when our daughter is born. I want her wife to be happy.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 05/13/2017 10:04 am

She can do it with your help and hopefully, she can help herself too. Being pregnant at the same time has her hormones working overtime for her but yes, wait until she gives birth.

Perhaps always reassure her that you love her no matter what and that you'll always be there for your family. Be strong. She needs you more than anyone else. :)

MemberMember
(@broken-hearted)

Posted : 05/13/2017 10:32 am

14 minutes ago, skyesthelimit said:

She can do it with your help and hopefully, she can help herself too. Being pregnant at the same time has her hormones working overtime for her but yes, wait until she gives birth.

Perhaps always reassure her that you love her no matter what and that you'll always be there for your family. Be strong. She needs you more than anyone else. :)

I tell her I love her and that she's beautiful almost everyday. The beautiful part she makes a comment disagreeing with it half of the time. After everything she still sometimes questions my love for her. I don't get frustrated with her, I get frustrated with all the jerks who's meanness damaged the spirit of this wonderful woman. Don't let her actions make you think she's selfish. Her acne sometimes bring her mind to bizarre places. In her bad days, she say things like "I should kill myself so you can be with a beautiful woman" and "I am too ugly to deserve like." She says things about herself she would never say about anyone else. Sometimes she's happy. It depends on her appearance and what people say about her appearance which is a helpless way to live having your mood depended on things you can't control.

MemberMember
(@mrbigl)

Posted : 05/13/2017 5:39 pm

Read this post to her. When she saw what you write, she will me more happy.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/13/2017 6:00 pm

Hey man,

sorry to hear you're going through all that with your wife.

In relationships in the past, I was always terrified of my skin, how it would affect my day to day living.

Being honest, no woman has said anything to me about my skin, despite it being awful some days. Likewise, you still love her to bits, she needs to understand that what ye both have for each other is not determined by looks. Its not like she isn't looking after herself ,ie just eating junk, not exercising and gaining weigh, which is something that can be fixed. Acne is something we all strive to get rid of, she can't be harsh on herself as she's trying to do the best for her body in getting rid of it.

Has she tried cutting out gluten/dairy/sugar etc?

Thats helped my skin more than any topical or antibiotic.

Is her digestion OK? Maybe look into leaky gut, a diet like the GAPS Diet could really help her.

She needs to eat healthy fats (coconut oil, avocados etc) rather than too much grains and starches.

I second showing her this page, it will really show her how devasted you are over this, especially with a little kiddo on the way. She might even create an account if she isn't already and find this site useful. 

Feel free to pm me anytime, you and or girl, I've been through so much emotional shite over my skin too, coming out the other side now :)

Best wishes for you, your partner and incoming Baby! :) (god I'm 23 this June I'm getting old haha)

MemberMember
(@broken-hearted)

Posted : 05/14/2017 10:18 pm

On 5/13/2017 at 5:39 PM, MrBigL said:

Read this post to her. When she saw what you write, she will me more happy. 

On 5/13/2017 at 6:00 PM, ZitsSuck21 said:

Hey man,

sorry to hear you're going through all that with your wife.

In relationships in the past, I was always terrified of my skin, how it would affect my day to day living.

Being honest, no woman has said anything to me about my skin, despite it being awful some days. Likewise, you still love her to bits, she needs to understand that what ye both have for each other is not determined by looks. Its not like she isn't looking after herself ,ie just eating junk, not exercising and gaining weigh, which is something that can be fixed. Acne is something we all strive to get rid of, she can't be harsh on herself as she's trying to do the best for her body in getting rid of it.

Has she tried cutting out gluten/dairy/sugar etc?

Thats helped my skin more than any topical or antibiotic.

Is her digestion OK? Maybe look into leaky gut, a diet like the GAPS Diet could really help her.

She needs to eat healthy fats (coconut oil, avocados etc) rather than too much grains and starches.

I second showing her this page, it will really show her how devasted you are over this, especially with a little kiddo on the way. She might even create an account if she isn't already and find this site useful. 

Feel free to pm me anytime, you and or girl, I've been through so much emotional shite over my skin too, coming out the other side now :)

Best wishes for you, your partner and incoming Baby! :) (god I'm 23 this June I'm getting old haha)

I had let her see this post and she was happy. Thank you for suggesting it. She read other posts here and she watched YouTube videos with people with acne. She gave birth today. She sees really happy today. I hope that continues.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/15/2017 3:20 am

Unbelievable man congrats to ye both!!!!! :):):)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/15/2017 2:48 pm

If you love her you will help her?

so get her to change her lifestyle,diet,hygene,you know all the things that people always say to stop acne,less sugar,more veg,clean towels,no fingers.

get her to tackle the active stuff with topical treatment,dont get her going mad.

get in the regimen part of forum,if you cant buy these things fet an alternative and change her eating,lifestyle habits.

perhaps when she sees her skin changing fir the better she will be happier,the happier she gets the more she will do things to look good.

looking good and staying good is a daily regime for someone with acne.then dealing with and correcting the scareing us another battle but i say "so be it"

at end if day life is a regime,we all got one,every day we have a cycle,just change the regime,to one which is better for her and her skin.psychologicaly she will be more engaged with looking after your child and looking after her skin to care about whether she looks normal or ugly.

tackling the problem would be best course action rather than letting it be and dealing with all the emotions,emotions wont get rid of it,tackling it and getting improvement will overcome all the mental issues as she sees improvement.

:)

MemberMember
(@broken-hearted)

Posted : 05/16/2017 10:24 am

On 5/15/2017 at 3:20 AM, ZitsSuck21 said:

Unbelievable man congrats to ye both!!!!! :):):)

Thank you

19 hours ago, Quadboy said:

If you love her you will help her?

so get her to change her lifestyle,diet,hygene,you know all the things that people always say to stop acne,less sugar,more veg,clean towels,no fingers.

get her to tackle the active stuff with topical treatment,dont get her going mad.

get in the regimen part of forum,if you cant buy these things fet an alternative and change her eating,lifestyle habits.

perhaps when she sees her skin changing fir the better she will be happier,the happier she gets the more she will do things to look good.

looking good and staying good is a daily regime for someone with acne.then dealing with and correcting the scareing us another battle but i say "so be it"

at end if day life is a regime,we all got one,every day we have a cycle,just change the regime,to one which is better for her and her skin.psychologicaly she will be more engaged with looking after your child and looking after her skin to care about whether she looks normal or ugly.

tackling the problem would be best course action rather than letting it be and dealing with all the emotions,emotions wont get rid of it,tackling it and getting improvement will overcome all the mental issues as she sees improvement.

:)

Treating the acne is extremely hard especially since she can't resist squeezing. Trying to treat is makes me nervous because any improvement she gets very hopeful and then more breakouts and she slips into a depression.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/16/2017 11:12 am

I know it sounds like such a pain, but diet really is a key way of stopping breakouts.

Take easy steps first, have eggs, bits of salad for breakfast, this helps with cutting out cereal (which is poison!).

Then if fruit doesn't worsen her skin she can have one or 2 bits of fruit throughout the day. This goes for nuts/seeds too.

For dinner always try include highest quality meat or fish you can afford, some healthy fats, veg, and a carb like sweet potato.

The key is to eat real meals.
Good Fats and good quality salt are healthy, dont take doctors dietary advice as gospel, do your own research.

If shes big into baking steer her away from normal flour, theres a lot of healthy flour alternatives out there, coconut, rice, etc.

Keep an eye on her skin after she binges on bad foods, if she can't resist eating them.

You'll both figure it out, best of luck with the baby!

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 05/17/2017 1:58 am

@broken hearted Wow congrats to the both of you! :) I do hope that your baby would bring her happiness and renewed hope. Watch out for post-partum though. :)

Let her join here. Maybe it's also best if she shares what she feels to others who felt the same way at one point. We support each other here anyway. Best of luck and congrats again! <3

MemberMember
(@beautiful-woman)

Posted : 05/19/2017 5:50 pm

On 5/17/2017 at 1:58 AM, skyesthelimit said:
@broken hearted Wow congrats to the both of you! :) I do hope that your baby would bring her happiness and renewed hope. Watch out for post-partum though. :)

Let her join here. Maybe it's also best if she shares what she feels to others who felt the same way at one point. We support each other here anyway. Best of luck and congrats again! <3

I'm here now

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 05/20/2017 11:12 pm

@beautiful woman

Oh my gosh! Welcome aboard! :)

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 05/21/2017 11:55 am

Now that you are done with delivery. Talk to your derm about accutane and avoid dairy and sugar. Everything else is else is like a band aid.

MemberMember
(@beautiful-woman)

Posted : 05/21/2017 1:29 pm

13 hours ago, skyesthelimit said:
@beautiful woman

Oh my gosh! Welcome aboard! :)

Thank you

34 minutes ago, Binga said:

Now that you are done with delivery. Talk to your derm about accutane and avoid dairy and sugar. Everything else is else is like a band aid. 

I will. Thanks.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2017 5:18 pm

Hey congrats with the baby! If you ever need to chat to someone about your skin and the emotions it brings, please don't hesitate to message me, I'd be glad to help! I've been dealing with it for the last 10 years now

MemberMember
(@beautiful-woman)

Posted : 05/22/2017 5:52 am

12 hours ago, ZitsSuck21 said:

Hey congrats with the baby! If you ever need to chat to someone about your skin and the emotions it brings, please don't hesitate to message me, I'd be glad to help! I've been dealing with it for the last 10 years now

Thank you. I will.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/22/2017 12:35 pm

Starting taking lots of vitamin c and lemon water! Its working amazingly well for me these past few weeks, I've been eating stuff I shouldn't and I haven't been breaking out!!

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 05/23/2017 11:48 pm

On 5/13/2017 at 0:25 AM, broken hearted said:

At 15 I feel in love with this girl. She looked and still looks like an angel to me. Her heart is pure. Her mind is amazing. Her voice is music. I wished so badly that's how she saw herself. I never had acne so I don't know what it is like. Her acne never bothered me. She has very severe acne on her face and other places. Her heart is broken by it. At 23 years old she still has it and it controls her. Her mood. Where she goes. What to wear. It's summer and she wears long sleeves and turtle necks. She picks at her pimples. She sometimes cries when she sees herself. She's 9 months pregnant. She feels worst than ever about her appearance. She had gotten it into her head that she should spare our daughter life of someone with acne. She's seeing a psychiatrist, a psychologist, and a dermatologist. She is due next week. She thinks she will be a horrible mother because of her acne. There are times when me and her are alone and she smiles and laugh. You see the woman she would be if her acne cleared. I hope doctors can help her. I hope she gets happier when our daughter is born. I want her wife to be happy.

Tell your wive to drink herbal teas they help control acne and hormones
Chamomile, burdock, milk thistle, mint, lavender, basil, nettle, red raspberry leaves
you can find at high end grocery store
also it's really good to drink buttermilk or kefir at evenings 1 cup

On 5/13/2017 at 0:25 AM, broken hearted said:

Wheat does cause mood swings and depression especially if she is gluten intolerant

MemberMember
(@calmhead)

Posted : 05/26/2017 11:27 am

Your wife is lucky to have you.  And you are lucky to have her as well. : )

For miracle kind of thing, I do heard someone got rid of acne after given birth.

For what you can do, as others saids above, you know, life style, diet, exercise and sun contact and etc.

And with the help of those experts, I'm very positive that your wife could get clear soon. : )
Then you know, raise the kid, living happily ever after. : p
Mh, you two will work it out.;)

Best wishes.

MemberMember
(@marievalencia)

Posted : 06/12/2017 8:18 pm

She could go on accutane after the baby is born. Has she tried it?

MemberMember
(@ae1976)

Posted : 06/19/2017 12:08 am

Congrats to you both. I had horrible, severe acne from the age of 14 till I was 36 and told my husband some of the same things. He never had acne and does not know how it feels. But like you, he made me smile.

Today due to few diet and lifestyle changes I am acne free. I blog about it. Please PM me if interested.

Please take care of yourselves and love to your lovely family.