Notifications
Clear all

What to do with 5+ years old Jojoba Oil?

MemberMember
(@erwinfern)

Posted : 05/12/2017 8:40 pm

Hey guys,

I recently discovered my old jojoba oil bottle from 5 to 6 (2012) years ago, left untouched (I did open it to use it a couple times before in the beginning but stopped).

It smells the same as before, but a small patch of grey inside at the very bottom.

Is there any uses for it (possible to recycle, reuse, like potentially heating it up and storing it elsewhere) , and is it still safe to use?

IMG_1.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 05/18/2017 3:28 pm

Hi ErwinFern,

The white substance underneath the bottle is wax build up which is perfectly normal when you store the Jojoba Oil for long periods of time.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 05/18/2017 5:53 pm

I would say that is still safe to use just from my own experience the jojoba oil I used with the build up at the bottom didn't break me out when I mixed a few drops in my moisturizer or when I used it as makeup remover.

MemberMember
(@erwinfern)

Posted : 05/21/2017 11:46 pm

On 5/18/2017 at 1:28 PM, Acne.org Support said:

Hi ErwinFern, 

The white substance underneath the bottle is wax build up which is perfectly normal when you store the Jojoba Oil for long periods of time. 

On 5/18/2017 at 3:53 PM, nicmic62 said:

I would say that is still safe to use just from my own experience the jojoba oil I used with the build up at the bottom didn't break me out when I mixed a few drops in my moisturizer or when I used it as makeup remover.

Awesome. Thank you Acne.org Support and nicmic62 for your feedback. It's good to know what it is and to hear it is  still safe to use ^_^