Clear all

Microneedle

MemberMember
(@nightlilly89)

Posted : 04/21/2011 9:29 am

WHAT:

1.) What size needles were/are you using? 1.5 mm, or diabetic 30g

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating? rolling, pitted

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment? copper peptides(i take breaks).... tamanu oil, coconut oil

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take? Whatever my Chinese medicine doctor tells me at the time. Blue ice fermented Cod liver Oil. Organic diet, eat only real foods. paleo diet

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment? Wait a month between when doing it less invasive. When I get ti professionally done I wait 3-4 months between.

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement? 50-90% on some, minor improvement on newer or deeper ones.

HOW:

1.) How did/do you clean your device? Run it under hot water soapy water.

2.) How often did/do you clean your device? after and before each use

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment? not very long consistently at home. Professionally done the past 2 years.

4.) How old were your scars when you first started? Fairly new. 1 - 2 years old. Now some are new and some are 3-4 years old

*And last but not least, do you believe dermarolling/ dermastamping is worth it? In the long run yes. It's better than nothing. And at least it makes you feel like you are being proactive in a losing situation. Anything is worth a shot , and it stimulates new collagen.

malia02 and u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@billie-jean)

Posted : 04/21/2011 10:20 am

WHAT:

1.) What size needles were/are you using?

1.5 mm on the dermaroller and a basic (long) diabetes syringe.

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating?

Indented scars.

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment?

Carbamide moisturizing cream.

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take?

None.

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment?

Once every 3 weeks more or less. Single use with the syringe more often.

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement?

5-10%. 90% when the microswelling is still in effect.

HOW:

1.) How did/do you clean your device?

Water and alcohol.

2.) How often did/do you clean your device?

Before and after every treatment.

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment?

6-8 months I guess.

4.) How old were your scars when you first started?

2-2A years.

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@scraps)

Posted : 05/04/2011 10:42 am

WHAT:

Indented scars.

None.

HOW:

Water and alcohol.

6-8 months I guess.

2-2A years.

You said that your improvement was about 90% when the microswelling was still in effect. How long did that last? I started about a month ago and have seen great results but i'm curious to know if it is from the microswelling or not. Thanks.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/05/2011 8:29 pm

WHAT:

Indented scars.

None.

HOW:

Water and alcohol.

6-8 months I guess.

2-2A years.

You said that your improvement was about 90% when the microswelling was still in effect. How long did that last? I started about a month ago and have seen great results but i'm curious to know if it is from the microswelling or not. Thanks.

i feel like this dermarolling is a hoax.

MemberMember
(@zipzip)

Posted : 05/14/2011 1:36 pm

I'm just starting this stamping kind of treatment,

WHAT:

1mm (but might try upto 2mm)

icepit, boxcar scar, rolling (see my photot)

After treatment, I use a repairing/healing cream comes with the stamp I bought

in between I try Bio oil

none

daily

I'm not sure why some of you do 1 treatment every month or 2 months, that's way too little, IMO

cannot tell right now as I just stated. But I have high expectation for it

HOW:

hot water

after treatment

1 week

10 years?

*And last but not least, do you believe dermarolling/ dermastamping is worth it?

hey, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, like someone mentioned earlier, at least you are doing something about your situation rather than sitting and whining. WOrth a shot, the more you try, the more you might fail but at the same time, the more you succeed. You miss 100% of the shot you never take, right?

If you have any pictures to share, please feel free to do so.

post-126543-1305398207_thumb.jpg

post-126543-1305398274_thumb.jpg

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 05/18/2011 5:31 pm

Thanks for the new answer. Anyone else? I've read so many people saying they are or were treating their scars with dermarolling, yet only a few have replied!

Yet once again: you guys, please take a few minutes to fill out this survey!! You can skip any questions if you'd like.

BTW, lol thanks 'Chris Brown'.

BUMP.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/18/2011 11:50 pm

sapphire can you post an updated photo of your skin?

thanks

MemberMember
(@now-or-never)

Posted : 05/19/2011 12:43 am

Hey Lily, so have you taken the leap? I think it's time. :)

MemberMember
(@trampoline)

Posted : 05/19/2011 8:49 am

WHAT:

1.) What size needles were/are you using? 1.5mm from memory :/

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating? rolling, i also have boxcars and very few icepicks

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment? tried a range of things retinA, rosehip oil, hyaluronic acid, collagen serum. anything moisturising is good.

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take? just a multivitamin. i occasionally take a multivitamin with copper(only very occasionally and definitely not in excess) as i may have made myself deficient in copper a couple of years ago by taking excess zinc to fix all my problems:/.

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment? i used to leave an average of 4 weeks, sometimes sooner as i didnt do a "hard" roll

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement? 50ish. i have 2 unscarred patches of skin on my cheeks amongst the scarred areas and i am very proud of that.

HOW:

1.) How did/do you clean your device? methylated spirits

2.) How often did/do you clean your device? after every use, before every use

3.) How long had/have you been doing treatment? several months

4.) How old were your scars when you first started? several months, over half a year

i dont use my dermaroller anymore, currently needling with hypodermic needles, its easier to do to the side of my chin and along my jawline and doing tca cross on the boxcars. make up still looks reaaaaallly crap on my skin, not even porefessional helps :/

but this is just my experience, i dont think just one method will fix all scars, a combination of treatments is better.

u1971 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2011 1:21 am

WHAT:

2.) What kind of scars were/are you treating? rolling, i also have boxcars and very few icepicks

3.) What topicals, if any, did/do you use before & after each treatment? tried a range of things retinA, rosehip oil, hyaluronic acid, collagen serum. anything moisturising is good.

4.) What vitamins/supplements, if any, did/do you take? just a multivitamin. i occasionally take a multivitamin with copper(only very occasionally and definitely not in excess) as i may have made myself deficient in copper a couple of years ago by taking excess zinc to fix all my problems:/.

5.) What was/is your time interval between each treatment? i used to leave an average of 4 weeks, sometimes sooner as i didnt do a "hard" roll

6.) What percentage (0-100%) would you put on your scar improvement? 50ish. i have 2 unscarred patches of skin on my cheeks amongst the scarred areas and i am very proud of that.

HOW:

4.) How old were your scars when you first started? several months, over half a year

i dont use my dermaroller anymore, currently needling with hypodermic needles, its easier to do to the side of my chin and along my jawline and doing tca cross on the boxcars. make up still looks reaaaaallly crap on my skin, not even porefessional helps :/

but this is just my experience, i dont think just one method will fix all scars, a combination of treatments is better.

i agree, but what if you have like reallly shallow scars?

MemberMember
(@trampoline)

Posted : 05/21/2011 2:41 am

vaseline.

over mirrors.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/21/2011 2:56 am

vaseline.

over mirrors.

?

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 05/21/2011 3:09 am

WHAT:

HOW:

i agree, but what if you have like reallly shallow scars?

Then get over it and relax.

MemberMember
(@sportsguy23)

Posted : 06/29/2011 8:20 pm

good post - people please continue this.

Bottom line - anyone that has done it and had enough time not doing it.

IS DERMAROLLING Legit? Did results/effects stay....

MOST IMPORTANT:

Did anyone f*** up by accident and make things worse? I think that's an important avenue to discuss.

PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@nightlilly89)

Posted : 06/29/2011 8:44 pm

good post - people please continue this.

Bottom line - anyone that has done it and had enough time not doing it.

IS DERMAROLLING Legit? Did results/effects stay....

MOST IMPORTANT:

Did anyone f*** up by accident and make things worse? I think that's an important avenue to discuss.

Ive been doing it for the past two years. Mostly professionally but also on my own and yes it's permanent. You need to work the skin hard enough in one setting, yet know when not to overwork it. It needs months after this to heal, 3 month is ideal if you went very harsh, but I assume after 30 days you should be okay to do it again. When I needle, it's about a weeks downtime, so it is inconvenient if you have a busy schedule.

Yes, every time I got it done the following month I noticed a marked improvement. It's all patience, persistence, and not setting up your expectations to an unrealistic place. If they are shallow, they of course will improve faster, if they are red, the needling can definitely bring back better skin color. This is a dramatic improvement Ive seen in the past. Also, I've helped a lot of hypo pigmented scars, but one treatment is not always enough.

Keep in mind I do not have boxcar, or ice pick scars. I am only speaking from personal experience with pitted, rolling scars.

MemberMember
(@priceofsilver)

Posted : 06/30/2011 12:12 pm

If you are currently using a dermaroller, dermastamp, or even a needle - or have so in the past - please take your time to answer these following questions. I figured this would help others, including me, in deciding whether this treatment would be worth the try or not. I hope everyone that has tried or is trying this treatment replies! Thank you.

WHAT:

1.5mm

all kinds really. mostly ice pick and a big boxcar on my left cheek

vitamin e capsule spread over treatment after rolling

none

started doing every week a-la raysdermaroller. now every 2 weeks or so for more healing time

around 50% so far

HOW:

soak it in water with a denture tablet for 15 mins, then in rubbing alcohol for another 10

right after rolling and right before rolling

i just did my 9th treatment (3 months i believe)

several years...not sure how long exactly

*And last but not least, do you believe dermarolling/ dermastamping is worth it?

ABSOLUTELY. it drastically reduces the depth of the scar. my cheeks are so much smoother now, and i see new improvements after every roll session. its also cheap.

maybe at some point

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@llwyddwawryn)

Posted : 06/30/2011 6:36 pm

WHAT:

1.5 mm

pitted ice-pick scars, fairly mild

Retin A cream and vaseline. The Retin A I use in combination with the dermaroller to help remove my scars, and the vaseline I use as a moisturizer.

None

Three or four days.

Haven't been using it long enough yet to see any results.

HOW:

Run it through hot soapy water

After each use

Very little, only just started

7 or 8 years old

MemberMember
(@user142279)

Posted : 06/30/2011 7:24 pm

WHAT:

I use a .5mm dermaroller

I have some rolling scars, and ice pick scars ranging from minor to somewhat moderate.

Before, I cleanse my face with an antibacterial cleanser. I then use my toner which contains things like aloe, antibacterial ingredients, hydrating ingredients, turmeric, and things like that. I then followed with hyaluronic acid serum. After I dermaroll, I spritz the toner one more time, apply HA serum again, and then apply a layer of serum containing things like Vitamin C ester, DMAE, ALA, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Aloe, and some other stuff. I also apply an extra layer to any scars, and my t-zone. I then follow with clindamycin lotion (the only time I use it), and then my night time moisturizer, Egyptian magic cream.

The supplements that I take that benefit scars are 300mg of alpha lipoic acid(activates an enzyme that break down scar tissue, promotes healing, increases cellular metabolism, anti-inflammatory), 2-4 grams MSM+ 1 gram Vitamin C (both help skin heal, softens skin, anti-inflammatory), 200-400mg of HA (helps hydrate skin internally, promotes healing, anti-inflammatory), and green smoothies as well.

about 5 days, it's been a month since I've started.

Rolling scars and other deeper scars, maybe 5-10%, it's noticeable I'd say, but not dramatic. Many of the tiny ice pick scars have decreased significantly, some as much as 60% maybe? My pores have DEFINITELY gotten smaller, I want to keep using the serum+dermarolling to see just how much it can reduce it, but apparently some people in clinical trials had their pores almost completely reduced, and their skin "took on a porcelain like appearance." I also have expression lines on my forehead, which have reduced about 40%.

HOW:

I use a UV sanitizer made for toothbrushes before and after each use, and I also rotate it in 90 degree intervals until it's been cleansed twice in each interval. I also was it after dermarolling.

^

A month

That I noticed? probably when I was 19, when my cystic acne started to subside.

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 07/25/2011 12:59 am

I'm so glad to come back on this board & see that more people have contributed to this post! I'm sure it will be helpful to a lot of people out there, right now & in the future, including to me. ;) I'm going to finally take the leap & start dermastamping in about a month or so. I'm having some personal issues at the moment, so I'm waiting until things settle down! I'll be sure to share my results with you guys. :) I've had my scars for about a year & a half now, although it seems like muchhh longer!! I have let them hold me back from a lot of things, & enough is enough... Your posts have made me confident that things will soon change for me! Any little improvement would mean a lot to me. So yeah, thanks you guys, & keep posting! HAPPY HEALING.

MemberMember
(@l_chong)

Posted : 07/25/2011 9:18 am

WHAT:

1.5mm

hypertrophic acne scars, discoloration spot

hyaluric (spelling?) acid serum followed by kojic acid with vitamin c and arbutin gel

none

3 days

20% after one week

HOW:

alcohol and water spray

after each use

almost 3 weeks

month or so old, the discoloration spot was about two months old

YES, for me I had a really bad discoloration spot right between my eyes that would not go away and dark acne spots. A week after my first use of the dermaroller, the discoloration was gone. My acne spots are fairly new but I have noticed they are smoother and fading faster. It's not a cure-all but for me, it definitely helps speed things up.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 07/27/2011 6:18 am

I'm so glad to come back on this board & see that more people have contributed to this post! I'm sure it will be helpful to a lot of people out there, right now & in the future, including to me. ;) I'm going to finally take the leap & start dermastamping in about a month or so. I'm having some personal issues at the moment, so I'm waiting until things settle down! I'll be sure to share my results with you guys. :) I've had my scars for about a year & a half now, although it seems like muchhh longer!! I have let them hold me back from a lot of things, & enough is enough... Your posts have made me confident that things will soon change for me! Any little improvement would mean a lot to me. So yeah, thanks you guys, & keep posting! HAPPY HEALING.

I was looking for somebody I knew and then I saw your pretty face. I haven't posted in a long time. I am the Fraxel Re:pair Guy.

MemberMember
(@healing2-0)

Posted : 07/27/2011 7:16 am

1. 2.0mm stamp and roller

2. rolling/boxcar

3. Terproline Professional

4. Vitamin C 500mg tablets 8-10day, pycnogenol, L-Glutamine, beta alanine, dhea, GNC Maximum Greens, Fish Oil, Whey Protien, Casean protien, Vitamin E 400, Vitamin A

5. 6 weeks

6. low...but noticeable (2 treatments, 8 weeks since 1st)

1. boiling water

2. before/after use

3. 8 weeks

4. 11-8 years

Its definitely better than nothing

I also use red/infrared and yellow LEDs...and d'arsonval facial device

Rolling with .25(i think) rolling every other day 2 weeks after treatment, applying lemon juice on alternating day

PS...I just read chris brown's post and I am in complete agreement with him :)

MemberMember
(@goneandnvrcominbak)

Posted : 07/29/2011 2:50 am

WHAT:

1.5mm dermastamp

I did a test stamp for the past 3-4 months on a deep rolling scar on my right temple

I've just been using the regimen that i've been doing. Mainly just using mandelic acid

I am taking optizinc 30 mg

I waited between 4-6 weeks to stamp the scar. Sometimes 2 if i got impatient

I would say it improved about 30-40%. I have my days though where sometimes it still looks deep and other days where it seriously just seems to gotten some improvement.

HOW:

I used 90% rubbing alcohol and let it soak for 30 mins to an hour.

Cleaned it before and after each stamping session

3-4 months

my right temple scar was about 9 months old

I think its worth it if you have the patience and time to do it. As well as knowing there is a downtime where your skin will be pretty red for about a few days so stamp accordingly. Also, if you think your skin can heal properly. I honestly think my skin heals poorly so its hard to reach the maximum benefits. I think me and you Lily have the same problem with skin healing poorly so i suggest you stamp test a few scars before doing anything drastic.

I think the skin on my forehead and temple are a lot thicker than the ones on my cheeks so I think my temple scar was able to heal better versus say me stamping my cheeks. I am terribly afraid of stamping my cheeks cuz I know my cheeks scar so easily. I think i'll test stamp another deep scar on my right cheek after my series of facial peels since I'm breaking out again.

Hope this helps Lily. Email me too! : )

u1971 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/29/2011 3:27 am

WHAT:

1.5mm dermastamp

I did a test stamp for the past 3-4 months on a deep rolling scar on my right temple

I've just been using the regimen that i've been doing. Mainly just using mandelic acid

I am taking optizinc 30 mg

I waited between 4-6 weeks to stamp the scar. Sometimes 2 if i got impatient

I would say it improved about 30-40%. I have my days though where sometimes it still looks deep and other days where it seriously just seems to gotten some improvement.

HOW:

I used 90% rubbing alcohol and let it soak for 30 mins to an hour.

Cleaned it before and after each stamping session

3-4 months

my right temple scar was about 9 months old

I think its worth it if you have the patience and time to do it. As well as knowing there is a downtime where your skin will be pretty red for about a few days so stamp accordingly. Also, if you think your skin can heal properly. I honestly think my skin heals poorly so its hard to reach the maximum benefits. I think me and you Lily have the same problem with skin healing poorly so i suggest you stamp test a few scars before doing anything drastic.

I think the skin on my forehead and temple are a lot thicker than the ones on my cheeks so I think my temple scar was able to heal better versus say me stamping my cheeks. I am terribly afraid of stamping my cheeks cuz I know my cheeks scar so easily. I think i'll test stamp another deep scar on my right cheek after my series of facial peels since I'm breaking out again.

Hope this helps Lily. Email me too! : )

makes me wonder if your and lilys poor healing ability could be attributed to either a course of antibiotics... or severe stress. did you or lily have either one?

MemberMember
(@slsl)

Posted : 08/19/2011 2:14 am

BUMP! I know more people on this board are dermarolling/ dermastamping/ needling. ;)