Notifications
Clear all

2 year old scar/dark spot on forehead

MemberMember
(@slowinvention)

Posted : 05/07/2017 4:52 pm

I'm at a loss on what to do next, I'm still young (18-24) and affects me personally since everyone looks at it.

I was prescribed "DIPROSALIC 0.05% W/W / 3% W/W OINTMENT" which I was told to use only until the skin layer flattens and it worked. It's not as dark as it used to be and it's now it's nearly flat so stopped using it. Should I continue using it or I need something else done?

I have no issue paying at this point as long as it's gone for good, doctor referral to hospital dermatologist here has waiting time for months so don't want to go through that route.

There is a local place here which offers 3xIPL Rejuvenation with 3x Cleanse/Micro/Infusion Serium/VitC Mask rotating every 2-4 weeks. Would this resolve it once for all? Also have minor pigmentation from previous teen acne but I no longer get breakouts like I use (phew!!!)

[Edited image out]

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/08/2017 5:25 pm

@SlowInventionThis is not a scar, it's a wound from hiperpigmentation. At this point most likely PIH. Goto my below signature and the faq link, find the skin section and PIH. I Think Vbeam and or Quadrostar pro would be good, since you have the IPL locally this could also be used for the same thing, it just sometimes takes 6 or more treatments. Vitamin C serum and hydroquinone aka skin bleach sound good before and after your laser.

If it's still a bump use the cream I suppose the dr gave you. Might be a Keloid. They often use steroid to flatten it.

MemberMember
(@slowinvention)

Posted : 05/16/2017 2:30 pm

On 08/05/2017 at 11:25 PM, beautifulambition said:
@SlowInventionThis is not a scar, it's a wound from hiperpigmentation. At this point most likely PIH. Goto my below signature and the faq link, find the skin section and PIH. I Think Vbeam and or Quadrostar pro would be good, since you have the IPL locally this could also be used for the same thing, it just sometimes takes 6 or more treatments. Vitamin C serum and hydroquinone aka skin bleach sound good before and after your laser.

If it's still a bump use the cream I suppose the dr gave you. Might be a Keloid. They often use steroid to flatten it.

A consultant gave me some suggestions upon seeing it with co2 fractional laser, co2 ablative laser and rf fractional laser but asked me to see skin doctor later this week. What would your opinion be on those 3 and would either of those be beneficial?

Is there one that would be recommended for that forehead area? I also have acne scars/pigmentation around my skin and a less "intensive" options would work there.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/20/2017 4:29 am

I wouldn't be doing laser until they do something about the color. This should be your main issue. Resurfacing is easy with Acid peels aka TCA, etc.

You need to see your skin DR they just want $$$$ and to sell you laser quickly.

What is causing the color is more important that surfacing it.

Infini RF is the best out of the bunch RF microneedle. But I do not know what it will cause the spot to do. IT could have pus or a vein issue. This really needs to be seen by a derm.