Notifications
Clear all

Advice and help needed.

MemberMember
(@betsy2013)

Posted : 05/07/2017 4:32 am

Hi all,
I have suffered from acne on and off since I was a young teen, and I am now nearly 25. Over the years I have tried a lot of products. In my teens benzoyl peroxide worked wonders, but as I've got older it wrinkles my face if it comes near it. I also have a patch of excema which I believe is from years of BP. 

I have also been on and off birth control since I was 16, most recently lucette which I believe is similar to Yasmin. I had a 6 month break from the pill and my skin was BEAUTIFUL...but after a 2 month 'where's my period?!' Pregnancy scare I went back on it. 

I have also also in the past tried Isotrex gel (did nothing) and lymecycline (quite good, but not long term).

For the last 3 months since, I have been breaking out horribly, on my cheeks, chin and upper lip. I have been using cetaphil gentle cleanser for sensitive skin, which is amazing!! But felt I needed some extra help. I tried skinoren, which made me oily, so went on the Internet and found skn clinic. I purchased a cleanser and spot treatment which i have used every evening for a week. My skin is worse!!! Red, with lots of new little spots on my chin. The products contained glycolic and salicilic acid. I'm at the end of my tether!! My skin is so dry and red.....I have made an appointment with my GP for a weeks time, but I think I've exhausted all options. Any cream seams to just make me sore!! Help and advice needed please :)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/07/2017 6:47 am

You talk about creams like you rely on them?

dont put all the emphasis on the outside,sone crams and topicals are great for reducing the inflammation but why dont you change your hygene and diet to assist in ridding your skin trouble or at leadt to help reduce the amount and frequency of the breakouts?

if you say have hormonal acnevthats aggravated by what you eat,why persist in stuffing your face with frys?

right diet,water,keep general hygene clean,use clean towels,no fingers on face,it should work but it takes time.
:)

MemberMember
(@rachgentry)

Posted : 05/08/2017 11:33 am

Have you ever tried Rodan+Fields? They have incredible skin care and AMAZING results. Let me know if you want more info!

MemberMember
(@bluesorghum)

Posted : 05/08/2017 10:27 pm

You might want to consider going to an esthetician instead of a doctor. My experience has been that a doctor will want to put you on an oral antibiotic. Think long and hard before doing this because in my daughter's case 3 different antibiotics only made the acne get rapidly worse. It has been a nightmare! Of course, if your acne is bad enough for isotretinoin then a doctor may be the way to go. I was on Accutane when I was 18 and have eaten whatever I felt like ever since with nothing other than the occasional stress-related pimple.