Notifications
Clear all

Year old acne scar seeking treatment options

MemberMember
(@blurryface)

Posted : 05/07/2017 3:53 am

This is a year old scar on my forehead which is a result of repeatedly pricking() a stubborn pimple. Over time It has turned black in color and is raised (like a mole). Every few weeks the scar skin becomes flaky and I can peel the top layer off but the scar remains (the new skin is lighter but over time it gets dark).
I have tried Scar Away sheets for few weeks and haven't noticed improvement. I haven't got a dermatologist opinion yet. Seeking treatment advice here - if you believe this can go away.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/07/2017 5:26 am

This is NOT scar, I believe it's PIH, aka hyperpigmentation. Your best bet for this type of thing is laser for pigment, vbeam, quadrostar pro, or IPL is great on darker marks. Please note it will take you possibly 6 sessions. For texture, you can peel or laser it after they fix the pigment if you wish.

MemberMember
(@blurryface)

Posted : 05/07/2017 4:02 pm

Thank you for your response and a helpful PIH FAQ.
I can see many IPL (photofacials) Groupon deals (around $400 for 6 treatments) - are they effective and worth looking for or should I find some dermatologist first?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/09/2017 7:16 am

Try the IPL groupon, That is cheap, 1 laser session is about that much. You need to start hydroquinone and vitamin c serum also.