Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gelatoDermo

Same scars for years, just won't go away ...

Hello ! 

I have had the same scars on my face for the better part of the last 6 years and they just won't fade away with time. I have seen a few dermatologist but they all seem to push me into doing expensive laser treaments. I did once try a session of laser (dont remember the name) that lasted 10mins  had no effects and cost me 500$. So is there any way to treat what I have with some creams or some dyi medication ? 
These acne scars really annoy me since they make my face look like its dirty lol.

Please help me by telling my what kind of scars I have and if it can be treated without laser. 

Thank you very much and any help is appreciated. 

acne.PNG

acne2.PNG

acne3.PNG

Cant clearly see them but they look like pigment?
:)

I don't see any indentations, just pigmented marks. Do you wear sunscreen? If not, that should be your first step since the sun will cause them to darken.

BHA/AHA could help too, just be careful not to overdo it and remember: Sunscreen. 6 years is a long time, I don't think it's permanent though.

2 hours ago, Hash said:

I don't see any indentations, just pigmented marks. Do you wear sunscreen? If not, that should be your first step since the sun will cause them to darken.

BHA/AHA could help too, just be careful not to overdo it and remember: Sunscreen. 6 years is a long time, I don't think it's permanent though.

Thanks for the input. You think this can be treated without laser ?

@gelatoDermo These are not scars, this is hyperpigmentation, aka PIH. Yes laser is the best solution including vbeam, quadrostar pro, or ipl, it takes 3-7 treatments typically. IPL takes more than laser but can get rid of browns. Vbeam is preferable for reds and veins.

For other cures since I am asked this all the time ;-P checkout my below faq in the signature, then goto the skin section and PIE and PIH