Notifications
Clear all

I feel like acne is stealing 30% of my life away

MemberMember
(@avalati)

Posted : 05/04/2017 10:45 pm

It really is. I don't feel like I'm living 100% of the life I could be living, because of acne. It's controlling my life.

It takes up so much time. Putting on makeup, removing it, applying skin care products, etc. I used to be able to get ready in 15 minutes. Sometimes I don't get out of bed for so long when I can sleep in because I dread putting on makeup..
Also all the time I put into researching skincare and just straight-up crying.
It controls what I eat, too. So many of my favorite foods I've stopped eating for hopes of helping my skin.
I don't look people in the eye. I avoid people and going out in general. I don't talk to people that I probably could have become friends with because I'm embarrassed by my skin. Sometimes I'm invited out and I don't go because of how horrible and embarrassed I feel. My relationships have been fading and I haven't been making a lot of new ones.
I literally don't go swimming anymore.... I used to love swimming.. I don't do sleepovers anymore.......... I miss those so much..

It's on my mind 24/7. I'm always stressed about it, always self concision about it. Always trying to hide it.
I just want my life back...........

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/06/2017 3:14 pm

On 5/4/2017 at 10:45 PM, avalati said:

It really is. I don't feel like I'm living 100% of the life I could be living, because of acne. It's controlling my life.

It takes up so much time. Putting on makeup, removing it, applying skin care products, etc. I used to be able to get ready in 15 minutes. Sometimes I don't get out of bed for so long when I can sleep in because I dread putting on makeup..
Also all the time I put into researching skincare and just straight-up crying.
It controls what I eat, too. So many of my favorite foods I've stopped eating for hopes of helping my skin.
I don't look people in the eye. I avoid people and going out in general. I don't talk to people that I probably could have become friends with because I'm embarrassed by my skin. Sometimes I'm invited out and I don't go because of how horrible and embarrassed I feel. My relationships have been fading and I haven't been making a lot of new ones.
I literally don't go swimming anymore.... I used to love swimming.. I don't do sleepovers anymore.......... I miss those so much..

It's on my mind 24/7. I'm always stressed about it, always self concision about it. Always trying to hide it.
I just want my life back...........

Dang, I can relate so much. Acne and acne indentations have been degrading my life for the past few years. There was a lot of potential for better times, but it all was harder and shittier because of acne. It also really damaged my peace of mind. I assume my skin looks bad a lot of the time and that makes me anxious around people.

I put on makeup for several months because of all the redness each pimple left behind, so I know how time consuming and exhausting that can be. And I also spend soooo much time researching solutions for my scars. Acne has literally taken over my life. I looked like I was blasted in some war explosion under certain lighting, it's depressing.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 05/06/2017 7:55 pm

I just dont want to waste my energy worrying about something as if worrying improves my situation in some way. Worrying that I look bad only makes the situation harder and makes me look socially bad on top of possibly looking physically bad.