Notifications
Clear all

Question for scar sufferers: Does mattifying foundation make scars more obvious?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 05/04/2017 3:50 pm

Has it been your experience that mattifying liquid foundation settles into scars, making them look more noticeable as the day wears on? (Actually, this question could apply to powder foundation, as well, though I'm more concerned about liquid foundation at present.)

I'm thinking of trying Estee Lauder's Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup (liquid foundation), which many reviewers on Ulta.com state has a mattifying effect. That's great for oily-looking skin and large pores--both of which I have; but I'm concerned that a mattifying foundation--especially one with potentially heavy coverage--could settle into my scars, making them more noticeable. (My scars are rolling, though I've one boxcar.)

Thank you,
PI

Apologies for the DP.

MemberMember
(@nikilove)

Posted : 05/09/2017 11:45 am

Matte foundations always cover my acne scars better than dewy foundations. That foundation is amazing and lasts a long time. Just make sure you find a moisturizer that doesn't break you out and use it every morning and night since matte foundations are more drying than regular foundations.