Notifications
Clear all

When is a atrophic scar ready for dermarolling?

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 05/02/2017 10:29 am

Hi,
I have two scars (out of four) I'm thinking of dermarolling. One is 1 year & 1 month old and the other is 1 year 6 months old.

I wonder if the skin is still growing trying to fill in.

Does demarolling get in the way of surface skin regrowing?

I think I will consult a doctor soon but wanted to get other people's thoughts on this.
Thanks.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2017 10:39 am

Your skin is constantly growing. After a year it's time to start treating. No it will not fill in after that period by itself. No dermarolling stimulates more healing in that area.

When you say atrophic scars, that means fat deficient, you will also need subcision with filler.

MSFSnake liked
MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 05/02/2017 11:48 am

Okay. I don't think I'll go for filler on these two, hopefully the needling will increase that collagen which I guess is not the skin surface but what's underneath.

MemberMember
(@dentonface)

Posted : 09/05/2023 4:28 am

@guppy45 update on dent? Did it ever resolve? How long did it take. thanks

MemberMember
(@dentonface)

Posted : 09/17/2023 4:22 am

@guppy45 update?

MemberMember
(@guppy45)

Posted : 09/18/2023 2:26 am

Posted by: @Dentonface

@guppy45 update?

Hi, of the two gernal locations of scars the one on my chin doesn't bother me anymore but the two right under my nose still do. I have found only one plastic surgeon that dealt with something similar on realselft as the location of these scars is extremely rare. The doctor was overseas and in my mind I started planning BUT covid happened and he posted on his realself page that was not accepting foreign patients. Since early this year I had a near death experience and develped a chronic illness so my focus as been on that and dealing with that day-to-day.

I know this answer may not have helped much but may ask why you ask? Thanks for asking

This post was modified 7 months ago by guppy45