Not sure what to do

Notifications
Clear all

Not sure what to do

MemberMember
(@kevi)

Posted : 05/01/2017 9:27 am

So I've been using the regimen for roughly 7 years with amazing results. It's the only program that had really worked for me. I had moderate to severe acne for 10 years prior, using every medicine known to man including accutane on 3 separate occasions. Over the course of the 7 years i have had some breakouts but it would usually be because i wasn't using the proper amount of BP. Usually when i would ramp it back up it would clear up in a few days. Over the past week i have been having some serious breakouts. I went from a completely clear face to having some pretty substantial acne. I had a fresh bottle overnighted to me thinking maybe the bottle i was using had lost some effectiveness (the cap had broken off), but I'm still breaking out. Is it likely the BP is no longer an effective option for me? I would really hate to have to go back to the dermatologist considering i had very limited results using prescription medication. Its just frustrating having to fight again for something i thought was in my past. Has anybody had the BP stop working for a period of time and it cleared back up with persistent use?

MemberMember
(@wojez)

Posted : 05/04/2017 3:50 am

I'm sure your 7 years of this stuff really isn't good for the health of your skin. Your skin definetly has gotten used to the bp, making it ineffective. I had the same problem but around 3 years, and what i did was slowly ramp down the usage of benzoyl peroxide over the course of the year, until no bp. Lots of breakouts, but i knew its what i needed to do. I later then went on to do the caveman regimen and now im acne free. good luck.