Notifications
Clear all

Saw+Dr.+Novick+today+(updated+with+pictures)

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/28/2017 9:22 pm

And I am cautiously optimistic.

He spent the first half hour discussing acne scars in detail. He showed me before/after pictures on his computer of patients he treated which were impressive. He flat out says lasers don't work and says microneedling is only to be relied on as a finisher. He sounded an awful lot like beautifulambition.

The first thing he did was inject cheeks with voluma, and it made a dramatic difference instantly. I looked in the mirror and could only see the deepest scars, just barely. I had my youthful cheeks back, and a more defined jawline. If it really lasts 1-2 years as indicated, I will be ecstatic, and refill the rest of my life, or until a better filler is developed.

Then we moved on to subcision and TCA cross. He subcised about a dozen scars and did 100% TCA on a handful. Some of the subcised scars are sitting perfectly flush right now, others have bumps and swelling.

He decided to inject botoxon my forehead as well, because he thought furrowing my brow would ruin the results of the subcision.

My overall impression of Dr. N ispositive. He shared a story that shows has has a personal interest with acne scar patients. I left with the impression that he is selling the best outcome for the patient, not just a lazy, one size fits all approach. It was very refreshing hear hear.

I willshare pictures pictures in a few weeks, but I wanted to my experience pence my experience. If you are looking for acne scar treatment in the northeast, consider Dr. Novick.

Any crazy typos is because my phone sucks.

User650286, eva_li, MareBearWrites and 9 people liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/29/2017 2:10 am

@QuanHenryThank you for sharing your story. He does sound like a good doctor. Yes I believe filler and subcision are great tools, along with TCA. I wish you healing success and great results.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 04/29/2017 4:45 am

7 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

And I am cautiously optimistic. No, I will not be posting pictures at this time, but only because I am bruised an swollen. Any pictures at this point would be worthless and probably misleading.

He spent the first half hour discussing acne scars in detail. He showed me before/after pictures on his computer of patients he treated which were impressive. He flat out says lasers don't work and says microneedling is only to be relied on as a finisher. He sounded an awful lot like beautifulambition.

The first thing he did was inject cheeks with voluma, and it made a dramatic difference instantly. I looked in the mirror and could only see the deepest scars, just barely. I had my youthful cheeks back, and a more defined jawline. If it really lasts 1-2 years as indicated, I will be ecstatic, and refill the rest of my life, or until a better filler is developed.

Then we moved on to subcision and TCA cross. He subcised about a dozen scars and did 100% TCA on a handful. Some of the subcised scars are sitting perfectly flush right now, others have bumps and swelling.

He decided to inject botoxon my forehead as well, because he thought furrowing my brow would ruin the results of the subcision.

My overall impression of Dr. N ispositive. He shared a story that shows has has a personal interest with acne scar patients. I left with the impression that he is selling the best outcome for the patient, not just a lazy, one size fits all approach. It was very refreshing hear hear.

I willshare pictures pictures in a few weeks, but I wanted to my experience pence my experience. If you are looking for acne scar treatment in the northeast, consider Dr. Novick.

Any crazy typos is because my phone sucks.

Let us see the pictures regardless!!

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 04/29/2017 11:19 am

This is exactly what I like to hear. Have been looking into subcision + filler where I live (Boston/Rhode Island area) but it seems like Dr. Novick Truly cares about his patients so I'm considering a trip. IMO it might be worth me driving down there so that I KNOW that I am having someone experienced/cares about me work on my scars. Do you live nearby? What made you choose Dr Novick? I've been looking at him and rappaport for a while now but really have no clue if I should pull the trigger or not.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 04/29/2017 12:22 pm

Price?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 04/30/2017 5:36 am

18 hours ago, thepwhisp said:

This is exactly what I like to hear. Have been looking into subcision + filler where I live (Boston/Rhode Island area) but it seems like Dr. Novick Truly cares about his patients so I'm considering a trip. IMO it might be worth me driving down there so that I KNOW that I am having someone experienced/cares about me work on my scars. Do you live nearby? What made you choose Dr Novick? I've been looking at him and rappaport for a while now but really have no clue if I should pull the trigger or not.

Rappaport does not have good reviews and his work does not justify his ridiculous pricing.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 04/30/2017 6:55 am

@dazzed Awesome appreciate it Will definitely avoid Rappaport if possible. Do you know of any other highly rated doctors that are reasonable priced in the New england area? Definitely willing to pay a premium for the right doctor. Would love to hear your thoughts. Will be primarily looking at subcision, filler, and possibly TCA cross.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/30/2017 4:11 pm

On 4/29/2017 at 5:45 AM, DandyTsunami said:
Let us see the pictures regardless!!

Done

On 4/29/2017 at 0:19 PM, thepwhisp said:

This is exactly what I like to hear.  Have been looking into subcision + filler where I live (Boston/Rhode Island area) but it seems like Dr. Novick Truly cares about his patients so I'm considering a trip.  IMO it might be worth me driving down there so that I KNOW that I am having someone experienced/cares about me work on my scars.  Do you live nearby?  What made you choose Dr Novick?  I've been looking at him and rappaport for a while now but really have no clue if I should pull the trigger or not.    

How long does it take you to get to NYC? I live outside of Philly, it took 2 hours to get to the city, then another 40 to get through it and to his office. It was totally worth the trip and I will probably go back to him for voluma touch ups and more subcision. He does care about his patients, but his energy and work ethic driving him to get the best possible aesthetic outcome is what impressed me the most. It seemed like he was getting a lot of joy from fixing my face, and thats what makes him good at his job.

Novick is the only doctor in the northeast I could find that does subcision with HA filler and TCA cross all at the same time. Rappaport pushes energy devices with subcision, and Yang pushes bellafill. Energy devices are a waste, and bellafill isnt worth the risk imo. Tbh the voluma is great, and he got it in all the right places.

On 4/29/2017 at 1:22 PM, Noa27 said:

Price?

He asked me to keep the price off the internet and Im going to respect that.

Ok, here are some pics. You cant see any scars right now, and I hope the voluma holds up like this for at least a year. He also did subcision on the deepest scars.

Before
IMG_4067.PNG

After

IMG_4070.JPG

After

IMG_4068.JPG

User650286, eva_li, Noa27 and 3 people liked
MemberMember
(@albaneso)

Posted : 04/30/2017 5:29 pm

1 hour ago, QuanHenry said:
Done
  How long does it take you to get to NYC? I live outside of Philly, it took 2 hours to get to the city, then another 40 to get through it and to his office. It was totally worth the trip and I will probably go back to him for voluma touch ups and more subcision. He does care about his patients, but his energy and work ethic driving him to get the best possible aesthetic outcome is what impressed me the most. It seemed like he was getting a lot of joy from fixing my face, and thats what makes him good at his job.

Novick is the only doctor in the northeast I could find that does subcision with HA filler and TCA cross all at the same time. Rappaport pushes energy devices with subcision, and Yang pushes bellafill. Energy devices are a waste, and bellafill isnt worth the risk imo. Tbh the voluma is great, and he got it in all the right places.
  He asked me to keep the price off the internet and Im going to respect that.

Ok, here are some pics. You cant see any scars right now, and I hope the voluma holds up like this for at least a year. He also did subcision on the deepest scars.

Before
IMG_4067.PNG

After

IMG_4070.JPG

After

IMG_4068.JPG

awesome man where is location of dr novick and tell me for price pls man?? And ask dr novick for flat hypertrophic scars if he can to treat.

sorry for my eng.

MSFSnake liked
MemberMember
(@clareabella)

Posted : 04/30/2017 5:43 pm

Wow thats a great improvement. You must be so pleased!

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 04/30/2017 5:48 pm

Justgoogle Dr. Nelson Lee Novick for his contact information. I think his office is on 85th street.

So far so good. The real question is how much improvement the subcision lol yield, andhow long the voluma lasts.

Just look how well rounded my cheek looks in he last picture. If I still look like that inyear I'll be jumping up and down. I credit it to voluma being a great filler, and Novick's technique placingit.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 05/01/2017 12:18 am

6 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

Justgoogle Dr. Nelson Lee Novick for his contact information. I think his office is on 85th street.

So far so good. The real question is how much improvement the subcision lol yield, andhow long the voluma lasts.

Just look how well rounded my cheek looks in he last picture. If I still look like that inyear I'll be jumping up and down. I credit it to voluma being a great filler, and Novick's technique placingit.

Incredible your skin looks 100% perfect! from what I see its not that hard to get rid of acne scars is it

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 05/01/2017 12:19 am

Quan, why did you chose for a sub with filler and not only a sub?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/01/2017 12:24 am

6 minutes ago, DandyTsunami said:
6 hours ago, QuanHenry said:

Incredible your skin looks 100% perfect! from what I see its not that hard to get rid of acne scars is it

Well, the voluma doesn't last forever. That is what's do doing the heavy lifting. I'm already dreading it wearing off.

4 minutes ago, Noa27 said:

Quan, why did you chose for a sub with filler and not only a sub?

Wanted to see what it does, how long it lasts.

I also had subcisions on my temples and forehead without filler, so i will be able to compare that to my cheeks later.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 05/01/2017 12:41 am

Well Quan, i think it looks great. He did a good job :)

Have you thought about peels and use the derminator while you have the filler? For producing more collagen? 

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/01/2017 12:49 am

Thank you, I'm happy with it. Can't wait to see how it looks when the dust settles and the pigment evens up.

I think I'm going light for a while. Meaning just Epiduo to prevent acne, moisturizer with serums, and of course sunscreen. Hopefully I can just enjoy the summer without having to worry about my skin, then re-evaluate come winter.

dazzed, Albaneso and Noa27 liked
MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 05/01/2017 1:00 am

9 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:

Thank you, I'm happy with it. Can't wait to see how it looks when the dust settles and the pigment evens up.

I think I'm going light for a while. Meaning just Epiduo to prevent acne, moisturizer with serums, and of course sunscreen. Hopefully I can just enjoy the summer without having to worry about my skin, then re-evaluate come winter.

Good for you. For what it's worth it: i think your scarring is not that bad :) 

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@kat22)

Posted : 05/01/2017 10:42 am

Great results!  Looking forward to updates  :D

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 05/01/2017 4:06 pm

@QuanHenryHoly balls that looks good. I'd love to see your results on your temples without the filler. I know you don't want to talk about price but I have maybe 2-4 boxcar scars on each temple that I need fixed. Do you think I could do subcsision+filler with novick for under say 1-2 grand? If I could do it for around a grand or < a grand I will probably drive down there tomorrow. My brother lives right outside NYC so I can just stay with him for the treatment.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 05/01/2017 6:06 pm

Your results are fantastic, hopefully the majority of the improvement is permanent. Thanks for taking the time to post, I think hope is an aspiration a lot of us tend to lose sight of.

QuanHenry liked
MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 05/01/2017 7:00 pm

3 hours ago, Hash said:

Your results are fantastic, hopefully the majority of the improvement is permanent. Thanks for taking the time to post, I think hope is an aspiration a lot of us tend to lose sight of.

Unfortunately it isn't permanent. Can't stress enough that the voluma is doing most of the lifting, and i will update every so often. My scars will resurface at some point, but hopefully never as bad.If I can get at least a year out of the filler, I'll probably keep refilling for many years.

Find a doctornear you that does subcision, HA filler, and TCA cross at the same time you were ill will get some relief. TBH it was @beautifulambitionthat pointed me in the right direction.

Again, I will never discuss prices at his request. Each patient is different, and requires different treatment. All i can say is i think he has real talent. Get some money or credit together and schedule a visit.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 05/02/2017 12:35 am

Quan, have  you thought about this:

Once the filler wears off and your scars are untethered, don't use filler but go on the derminator route possibly with peels? 

Not too long ago, i came across a review about voluma on the internet. The woman says that it did look good on her a year after and after 1,5 years it started to dissolve. I know everyone is different, but i wanted to share that with you :)

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/02/2017 5:37 am

@QuanHenryCongrats, hopefully after the swelling resolves, you'll still retain a lot of improvement. I'm glad to hear that you are cautiously optimistic. Swelling always makes things appear perfect after a treatment, and it takes weeks for it to resolve to see the true results. I 100% agree with your approach, which is to maintain the filler. This is really the paradigm shift we need in acne scar management. It really is a lifelong commitment, but hopefully one that lessens over time as the results after each procedure becomes more permanent.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 05/02/2017 5:50 am

I just checked out the prices they charge here for 1 syringe voluma. 1 ml is like 500 dollar and 2 like 800 dollar. I'm wondering why this is al lot more expensive in the states... I live in Holland, Europe btw.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2017 9:20 am

@Noa27@Hash I mean this in the kindest way possible. We get haircuts, massages, coffee buy clothes, facials, botox 3 times a year (some of us), Hair removal, etc... These are all maintained items. So why can't filler be like this, why does it have to be forever. We age and our skin sags (loss of fat / bone), The injection areas will change, the needs will be different, it's part of upkeep. With acne scars we have pre- mature aging. We lost fat and need filler. Forever makes no since to me, ... there is always Bellafill. But again this is not natural, as our skin changes and ages it will move, it can migrate, your body can have a reaction to the fiberglass balls, there is no dissolving.

Think about it, if you save up money (in the states we have a account, tax free, for medical procedures), you can top up when needed by only making payments a little monthly or there is CC - plastic.

motherofms and Noa27 liked