Should I start the ...

Notifications
Clear all

Should I start the regimen if I have (some sort of) mild acne?

MemberMember
(@mira998)

Posted : 04/21/2017 5:23 pm

Hi! 

I was wondering if I should start using BP even if I only have a few pimples and red/dark spots on my cheeks. I am pretty pale and they're quite visible, so trying to cover them up with foundation gets annoying , but I wouldn't want to make it worse.20170422_010810.jpg20170422_010656.jpg

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 04/21/2017 8:54 pm

Hi Mira, I had mild acne when I started the regimen myself but i would get some pretty nasty pimples so i decided to go for it. You certainly would not make your skin worse, this regimen is made to work for all kinds of acne and skin types. At first, your skin has to adjust to the products so initially you may notice red skin and a breakout or two, but following that your skin will start to clear. Your acne does not look bad at all to me though honestly, so it is really your call. You may be able to get away with just using an OTC benzoyl peroxide once a day after you wash your skin and then using a moisturizer if need be. The regimen is awesome, but it does have its downsides of course. It costs money, can be hard to stay consistent with day after day, and has some minor side effects like flaky skin from the BP which I have dealt with at times but now use AHA and a different moisturizer to counteract. Again, all up to you, best of luck with whatever you decide.

MemberMember
(@gitoja)

Posted : 04/28/2017 5:52 pm

I would definitely recommend it for mild acne!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 04/28/2017 10:29 pm

Many of us who have used the regimen have noticed an increase in acne. This should subside within a few months if the regimen is working for you. Things may get worse before they get better.