Notifications
Clear all

Approaching Isotretinoin

MemberMember
(@zerec)

Posted : 04/17/2017 9:07 pm

Yup, I'm at this point where my face or specifically, 90% of the time on both my cheeks area, getting new cystic acnes for approximately every 2 weeks, though normal pimples are very less frequent nowadays.But to deal with the persistent cyst,I'm thinking of doing Accutane since none of the antibiotic prescription seems to offer longterm solution.(I've done more than just antibiotic, changing diets, hygiene, blablabla but yea, eliminated dairy did address part of the problem, like 20%)

My dermatologist prescribed me Isotretinoin with 40mg daily as the standard, recommended me to take 2 weeks of 20 mg to allow body adjusting, before proceeding to 40mg. Furthermore, he'd suggest me to increase the intakes to which my body could still handle, or otherwise,reduce below 40mg. He also mentioned that regardless of what dose I'm taking, as long as I'm consistently on it daily, and completing the whole course, thatwill befine as well.

What are youropinions on this?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 04/18/2017 1:16 am

Yep.. Consistency is important..but be prepared..its a roller coaster thing lol! Because there will be so many times when you'll want to discontinue the medication..anyway..good luck!

MemberMember
(@zerec)

Posted : 04/18/2017 6:01 am

4 hours ago, eternalrocket said:

Yep.. Consistency is important..but be prepared..its a roller coaster thing lol! Because there will be so many times when you'll want to discontinue the medication..anyway..good luck!

Thanks, going to start it 1 month from now, just gonna observe for 1 more month as justlike you imply, side effects from this medication appears to be a real deal here.

Is 40mg consider low dose though?

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 04/18/2017 8:05 am

2 hours ago, Zerec said:
Thanks, going to start it 1 month from now, just gonna observe for 1 more month as justlike you imply, side effects from this medication appears to be a real deal here.

Is 40mg consider low dose though?

yeah it is..im on 30mg been 4 months on it now