accutane

MemberMember
(@jennypennyy)

Posted : 04/17/2017 8:12 pm

okay so i started my accutane about a month ago, my dermatologist put me on 40mg twice a day. my acne is moderate &haven't seen any difference in my acne just extremely dry and peeling skin and lips.. how long does it take to show results ?

MemberMember
(@mollyz)

Posted : 04/18/2017 11:38 am

I don't have an answer but will follow here, may I ask how old you are? I am here looking for some answers and perspective as my daughter (14) is waiting on the Accutane process to begin next month...I am scared for her and for all that I read about 'long term' damage but her cystic acne has gotten very bad

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 04/19/2017 7:07 am

On 4/18/2017 at 10:38 PM, Mollyz said:

I don't have an answer but will follow here, may I ask how old you are? I am here looking for some answers and perspective as my daughter (14) is waiting on the Accutane process to begin next month...I am scared for her and for all that I read about 'long term' damage but her cystic acne has gotten very bad

On 4/19/2017 at 6:07 PM, hatetane said:
On 4/18/2017 at 10:38 PM, Mollyz said:

14 is way to young - you don't know how this might affect fertility not to mention anything else.