Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dankaglacial

Small bumps all over chin - what are they and how to get rid of them???

I've had these on my chin for years now, and I've tried everything to make them disappear - exfoliators, over the counter acne medication, two types of antibiotics and Differin gel. But they're still there! I've tried popping them, but there's too many and some won't pop either. My skin isn't like that anywhere else!

i one to my dermatologist but she was very dismissive of it, focussing more on my red spots.

any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_1991.JPG

IMG_1992.JPG

IMG_1993.JPG

Looks like you have whiteheads, which is extremely normal to have on your chin. Ingredients like benzoyl peroxide and salisylic acid may help you, and remember to be very consistent when on a treatment! For me, it took several months before I saw progress. Maybe you could give the acne.org regimen a go?

38 minutes ago, Mathilde said:

Looks like you have whiteheads, which is extremely normal to have on your chin. Ingredients like benzoyl peroxide and salisylic acid may help you, and remember to be very consistent when on a treatment! For me, it took several months before I saw progress. Maybe you could give the acne.org regimen a go?

Unfortunately if I'm on Differin, my gp and derm both told me to stay away from anything that has BP or salicylic acid, literally all I can wash with and use on my skin skin Cetaphil :(

I have the exact same issue, I've had it for about 3 years now. I have also tried everything possible. Did you ever get any answers??

It seems that you have raised skin bumps that are very common and in most cases they are harmless. They can result from a number of conditions that include an infection, an allergic reaction, a skin disorder or skin cancer.

There are different types of skin bumps and mostly don’t need treatment. However, you should speak to your dermatologist if your bumps are causing discomfort. You should also call your doctor if you’re concerned about any changes in your bumps or in the overall condition of your skin.

I would get those sometimes when I used too many different products on my face or had an allergic reaction to something I was using. It's possible that something you are using now is causing them or they may just be part of your skin issue, we all have different things. Honestly though you can only see them when you are a foot from your face, I would just focus on keeping your face clear of regular pimples/cysts and maybe they will eventually go way