Do I need to use th...

Notifications
Clear all

Do I need to use the full finger length of Benzoyl Peroxide?

MemberMember
(@supercollider)

Posted : 04/17/2017 6:24 am

Hi everyone, I'm just starting my third week of The Regimen and my skin is definitely clearing up. I haven't hit the mark of the full finger length of BP twice a day since my skin is quite sensitive so I thought it would be good idea to increase that slowly. I'm probably about 2/3 of a finger length twice a day and I haven't got a single spot in close to a week now. However the redness and tightness of my skin is getting worse as I use more of the BP.

Do you think I could just stick with around a 1/2 to 2/3 finger length of BP and see if I continue to not break out to try and keep the side effects of BP to a minimum? Obviously if I break out I'll increase the BP amount.

Any advice here is appreciated,

Conor

MemberMember
(@wehrlebird21)

Posted : 04/18/2017 9:20 am

If you're skin is clearing with the amount of BP you are using then you can probably get away with it. When I went back on the regimen for my second time, I've never used more than 1 pump and my skin is clear. The more BP you use, the more dry and flaky your skin will be, however you need an adequate amount to continually prevent your acne. Try it out, monitor your skin, only you can make that call. The more you do the regimen, the more you'll learn how your skin will respond and you will learn how much BP you need and how much moisturizer you need etc. just remember to be very gentle with every step of the regimen. Irritation causes acne.

MemberMember
(@supercollider)

Posted : 04/19/2017 9:25 am

Thanks man! That's really what I wanted to hear! I have a feeling its the use of a good cleanser/moisturiser as well as the fact I'm now shaving everyday that is making just as much of an impact as the BP itself. Hopefully the side effects go sooner rather than later!