Notifications
Clear all

Any advice on how to stop or at least slow acne as a 14 year old guy?

MemberMember
(@darius288)

Posted : 04/16/2017 10:27 pm

So I've had pretty bad acne ever since I was about 12. It really turned for the worst last year when I was 13. A lot of it is cystic which isn't great. I went to see a dermatologist and they prescribed me some stuff to put on my acne. I've always had acne the worst on my back. Now, I'm not saying my face is in great shape. I consistently put the medicine on and the acne was very slowly going away, but at some point it stopped working. So, I stopped putting it on for a while. I gave up. It got a hell of a lot worse in next year and I'm back on it now and seeing the similar slow results. I'm not gonna give up this time, but want to know what I can do to slow the acne for now. I'm going back to the dermatologist soon, so that'll be great. Any dietary changes you could let me in on? I know most of my acne is caused by hormones, but it still is frustrating when you can't take your shirt off on the beach or go in a pool.

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 04/18/2017 6:42 pm

On 4/16/2017 at 11:27 PM, darius288 said:

So I've had pretty bad acne ever since I was about 12. It really turned for the worst last year when I was 13. A lot of it is cystic which isn't great. I went to see a dermatologist and they prescribed me some stuff to put on my acne. I've always had acne the worst on my back. Now, I'm not saying my face is in great shape. I consistently put the medicine on and the acne was very slowly going away, but at some point it stopped working. So, I stopped putting it on for a while. I gave up. It got a hell of a lot worse in next year and I'm back on it now and seeing the similar slow results. I'm not gonna give up this time, but want to know what I can do to slow the acne for now. I'm going back to the dermatologist soon, so that'll be great. Any dietary changes you could let me in on? I know most of my acne is caused by hormones, but it still is frustrating when you can't take your shirt off on the beach or go in a pool.

Try switching to a Vegan, gluten-free diet. See if your parents will take you to a Naturopathic doctor instead of a dermatologist. The Derm will only perscribe you stuff to treat the symptoms instead of addressing the root cause. Do NOT take antibiotics. I took Doryx for a year and now have fungi/yeast in my gut.

MemberMember
(@stephen-j)

Posted : 04/18/2017 7:18 pm

On 4/16/2017 at 11:27 PM, darius288 said:

I went to see a dermatologist and they prescribed me some stuff to put on my acne.

What did he/she prescribe you? Try to eat healthy (which obviously is much easier said than done), get enough vitamin D, and drink the recommended amount of water. I've been involved in numerous posts about just drinking water, and it has seemed to help people out in the long run.

Also, what is your current regimen? Maybe changing some things may be beneficial?
If anything, remember that treating acne is a very long-term process, so don't give up if you don't see immediate results!

MemberMember
(@alien87)

Posted : 04/19/2017 7:44 pm

Eat healthy, start by drinking at least a glass of water in the morning before eating ANYTHING. Drink lots of water through out the day but try not to drink so much during meals, is better to wait 30 mins in between meals.
I would stop using chemicals to kill acne, use apple cider vinegar(braggs) instead, or tea tree oil, coconut oil does hella good on my skin but ive read it clogs some people's pores. Honey is also very good to kill bacteria. You can use black hawaiian sea salt to clean your problem areas. Take a lot of probiotics. I did all this, plus many more things, and ive been acne free for more then 7 years, after suffering from acne from around age 14 to 21.