Notifications
Clear all

Acne is ruining my life please help

MemberMember
(@acneiskillingmehelp)

Posted : 04/16/2017 8:36 pm

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.
i am a 17 year old female and as of December of 2015, my face has been absolutely terrible! I had never gotten a single breakout before this and now it's been nonstop. A little backstory, my mother doesn't allow me to take any of the pills the dermatologist prescribes. So that is out of the question. I have been trying everthing except for antibiotics. I had large hormonal cysts only on my cheek/ jaw area and under that was many many milia. Around February, i began taking primrose oil (which i would recommend a thousand times) and now I don't really get hormonal cysts anymore. However I'm still waking up with new pimples every day in my cheek area I i still have milia there. I need help! i have tried everything. I drink a fruit and veggie smoothie every day and eat lots of veggies and healthy food. i drink 64 oz of water. I get a decent amount of sleep, I'm not stressed, i don't know how to fix this! Does anyone know of a pill i can order on amazon some food i should eat? Please help!

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 04/17/2017 5:53 am

Try vitamin A and zinc supplements and drink green tea.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 04/17/2017 8:03 am

Hey! I'm curious as to your mother's reasoning for not letting you take the doctor's prescriptions? I only ask because it seems strange that she would go through the trouble of taking you to the derm, but then not let you take the medication. What was she hoping to get out of the derm visit?

It sounds like you already take super good care of yourself in terms of diet and lifestyle. So, at this point I don't think doing anything different with that will be the saving grace factor. If you mom was hoping for a solution more in terms of skincare, you could ask her to make you an appointment with a registered aesthetician - they can help evaluate your skin and the best products to use to care for it.