Notifications
Clear all

Body acne effecting my self-esteem and confidence

MemberMember
(@tonedogg92)

Posted : 04/16/2017 11:52 am

Hey everyone, if this is not the right place to post could someone please direct me where to post this information.

The acne I have on my back and shoulders really bothers me. It's causes me to obsess and stare in the mirror quite a lot.

It's gotten really bad and there are red marks left on my back which I assume is hyperpigmentation after the spots.

This started happening to me about a year ago it was also the first time I ever encountered problems like this. I've used many products mostly washes containing ingredients like salycic acid and things like head and shoulders shampoo.

I now currently use the body shops tea tree body wash and tetrayasal antibiotics. I don't like to use harsh chemicals on my skin. I don't like taking antibiotics either.

I'm considering going private about this which would be expensive as the waiting list in Northern Ireland are ridiculous. Any help or advice would be appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 05/03/2017 5:41 am

I saw one site which promotes that their products are made from natural/organic ingredients. They have the pumpkin masque and vitamin c beauty elixir which they say would help treat and prevent acne.

MemberMember
(@jbmaz)

Posted : 05/21/2017 2:09 pm

Hi,

I know how painful this condition is.

Please consider the following, as it has helped me.

1. CUT OUT ALL SUGAR, DAIRY AND CAFFEINE PRODUCTS. NO EXCEPTIONS.

2. Make cold showers your best friend.

3. Intake veggies and other whole, natural foods.

4. Increase your water intake a **** load. Also, add lemon water to your diet in the morning.

5. When you look at your back acne, say to yourself " This is a part of me. This is a challenge I have been given. I will accept this challenge. I am excited to defeat this illness and I know one day I will be clear" You must stay positive and reduce stress.

Please inbox me if you'd like to discuss further. I would be happy to help you.

-JB