Notifications
Clear all

My skin and Epiduo

MemberMember
(@char625)

Posted : 04/14/2017 11:25 am

At my last doctor visit, my doctor prescribed Epiduo. I began using it but soon quit because i couldn't decide whether or not it was helping. Recently I decided to give it a second chance.
First, let me tell you a bit about my acne. I am a girl.I started getting it in 5th grade. I got (and get) blackheads on my nose and chin, occasional breakouts under my eyes, and my forehead has little, barely noticeable goosebump-looking zits, usually with a couple of actual big zits.
Almost a month and a half ago i started using the epiduo at night, clean and clear morning burst face wash in the morning and night, and cetaphil moisturizer during the day when i needed it. Its been a good routine, my skin didn't seem to be overwhelmed by it, it was good. The first week my skin looked like it was getting somewhere. Any zits i got went away faster, and the goosebumps and blackheads started to surface, which was amazing. But sooner into it, my skin started to "purge". Most people that use or have used epiduo explain how their epiduo had to push up bacteria and grossness before clearing, causing an initial purge. It was annoying but i stuck with it. Also, when first used epiduo, my skin was dry and burned, but got better in about two weeks, and my cetaphil lotion helped a lot too. My skin has continued its purge, still surfacing blackheads and tiny goosebump pimples, for over a month now. I'm starting to get impatient now. I want to know when my skin will stop purging! please let me know how epiduo worked for your skin if you have tried it, and feel free to ask me questions as well. I will keep you updated.

MemberMember
(@jmichaelmal)

Posted : 04/16/2017 10:42 pm

I use Adapalene/Benzoyl Peroxide and in my experience, you need to give it time. The adapalene takes about three months to really show you serious results, and it will continue to improve after that... Remember that the purging stage is necessary and that you are being patient for a greater good... your skin is getting all those clogs out! Just hang in there and don't stop. Use it every single day. You will not be sorry... my skin is so much better now and it continues to improve.

MemberMember
(@char625)

Posted : 05/31/2017 7:23 pm

On 4/16/2017 at 11:42 PM, Jmichaelmal said:

I use Adapalene/Benzoyl Peroxide and in my experience, you need to give it time. The adapalene takes about three months to really show you serious results, and it will continue to improve after that... Remember that the purging stage is necessary and that you are being patient for a greater good... your skin is getting all those clogs out! Just hang in there and don't stop. Use it every single day. You will not be sorry... my skin is so much better now and it continues to improve.

Thankyou! It has been exactly 4 months and my skin looks better than it ever has. Now i am just dealing with slight scarring. Any product recommendations for that?

MemberMember
(@jmichaelmal)

Posted : 06/03/2017 10:26 pm

I think you could add a BHA type product in a few times a week. I personally use Stridex Pads at 2% because they are inexpensive and at the exact PH that BHA products need to be at... But I would stay on the Differin and just be really consistent with it. You will continue to see improvement month after month. In 6 more months, you will look back at photos from now and be like OMG my face looks soooo much better now!! If you do add in a BHA, I have found that they work best before using Differin. I wait about 10 minutes between.

MemberMember
(@westcoast82)

Posted : 06/04/2017 7:05 am

The differin will help combat the slight scarring you have overtime, just be patient a little longer and your skin will thank you! If you're looking for something instantaneous (and more pricey) then look into microneedling. It's a great option for those that don't have any active acne and are dealing with post acne marks. Good luck!!