Notifications
Clear all

Eating raw carrots

MemberMember
(@saiid)

Posted : 04/12/2017 8:43 pm

So I've been seeing everywhere that eating carrots or drinking carrot juice can help cure acne especially forehead acne does anyone else know if this works

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/22/2017 6:04 am

Most veg is good for uou and your skin,sweet potato,cauli,carrots,green veg etc etc.

wouldnt exactly encourage eating raw carrits though,suggest you cook them so easier on stomach and you need to digest them.

making smoothies,drinks might be goid but it has a negative effect on the veg in thst it decimstes the fibre in it so the nutrients and especialy sugar is released quicker.fibre holds nutrients and regulates how your body absorbs them,slow.

if you get hormonal due to sugar spiking,not good idea to keep drinking smoothies all time,cook,eat and digest your food naturaly.

have a smoothie but keep eye out on skin.

try also,if you boil loads of veg together in a pan,you eat that veg but dont throw the water,you can filter it and let it cool down then have a wash with it.nutrients inside your body,nutrients on the outside too!
^_^

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 04/24/2017 7:47 pm

Nothing wrong with eating raw carrots...unlikely that this alone will cure your acne though.

MemberMember
(@ammy_k)

Posted : 08/16/2017 7:32 am

Eating fruits and vegetables worked for me. I think thats a good idea, always use fresh fruits.

MemberMember
(@david-st)

Posted : 11/30/2017 12:35 am

I drink one half cup of carrot juice everyday. It's helped me a lot. :) 

MemberMember
(@srht)

Posted : 12/20/2017 5:12 pm

There is no scientific evidence linked with healthy diet and acne. My brother eats junk food everyday and he is 100% clear for many years. It might help some so isn't a bad thing trying to eat healthy, you'll also save money. :)

MemberMember
(@suavedory)

Posted : 12/20/2017 9:15 pm

On 4/12/2017 at 9:43 PM, Saiid said:

So I've been seeing everywhere that eating carrots or drinking carrot juice can help cure acne especially forehead acne does anyone else know if this works

The reason is due to the natural amount of vitamin A content (which doctors prescribe orally and/or in gel/cream form) and the fiber which helps your digestive system.  I say add it to your eating habits!!! You have nothing to lose but gain to your health!!! ;) 

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 02/22/2018 5:24 am

I don't see anything wrong in eating or juicing carrots but perhaps take it in moderation.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 03/15/2018 2:23 am

Raw carrots have oestrogen-sweeping effects, so if you are a female withhormonal acne it's a great idea! Not the same effect for cooked.

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/19/2018 6:06 pm

On 3/15/2018 at 3:23 AM, Foodforthought said:

Raw carrots have oestrogen-sweeping effects, so if you are a female withhormonal acne it's a great idea! Not the same effect for cooked.

is steaming carrots ok? I buy the organic carrots from wegmans and they taste so damn good when steamed, but they alsk taste sweet. Sugar seems to break me out big time, so I am not sure if steaming carrots is ok?