Notifications
Clear all

Candida Diet Journey!

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/12/2017 10:59 am

Hello! Im fairly new to this site but I've been lurking for awhile! I'm a 29 year old female who has been fighting acne for about 13 years... But it got WAY worse after I quit smoking. 
I went on Ziana Feb of 2016. April 1, 2017, i stopped Ziana. I finally started figuring out that my diet was playing a role in my acne; especially sugar. 

I am 12 days into my Candida diet and I have no active acne at this point. I've cut out grains, gluten, dairy, and sugar. Dont worry, there is plenty of Candida friendly recipes online!! I stay clear of coffee, as my blood type diet suggests, and only drink water. 

I'm a firm believer that sugar and high glycemic index foods cause inflammation in our bodies which helps the acne swell and fill with sebum! I have attached photos before Ziana, when I stopped Ziana, and 12 days into the diet :) Feel free to ask questions!

PhotoGrid_1488823671878.png

PhotoGrid_1492012061334.png

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/14/2017 9:24 am

14 days into the diet. No active acne! 

0414170718.jpg

0414170718a.jpg

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 04/14/2017 9:54 am

Wow incredible what is the diet?

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/15/2017 1:24 pm

Dandy I eat no grains, no sugar, and no dairy. It isn't easy. Its pretty much lean meats, veggies, and water. I use cauliflower and blend it to make rice. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead of regular milk. I use vegan cheese, chicken as crust for pizza, only stevia as my sweetener, and lots of water. Absolutely no sugar, dairy, or high GI foods. I eat zero fruits as of now either has sugar triggers my acne!

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/21/2017 4:22 pm

3 weeks into the diet! 1 deep spot on my chin that has not and probably won't come to a head... I know its from ovulating (lovely hormones)!! Other than that, doing great!! I have started a skin lightening cream from my underage melasma and my acne scars :) 

0421171416.jpg

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 04/22/2017 1:37 am

Congrats! keep up the good work!

MemberMember
(@o-wow)

Posted : 04/24/2017 7:34 pm

you may want to look into a GI-Map test to see if you truly have a yeast overgrowth and/or parasite. They are about $180.

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/26/2017 11:34 am

Day 26 into diet. No active spots. All scarring :)

Whether I have candida or not is not why I'm following this diet. I'm following it cause it cuts out 4 main factors that peoples bodies react to; sugar, dairy, wheat, and peanuts. This has been successful for me in treating MANY symptoms ... One being my acne :) Its all low GI foods that fuel my body

0426170758a.jpg

0426170758.jpg

MemberMember
(@mr-brownstone)

Posted : 04/26/2017 2:46 pm

Along with my Gluten/Dairy ban, I am trying to stay quite low GI myself. I do wish I could put on a bit more weight though. I feel too thin.

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 04/26/2017 2:50 pm

Have you tried almond bread recipe? Its homemade almond bread that I eat quite a bit of. I also eat a LOT of veggies for my carbs.

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 04/26/2017 5:08 pm

2 hours ago, megan.faith10 said:

Have you tried almond bread recipe? Its homemade almond bread that I eat quite a bit of. I also eat a LOT of veggies for my carbs.

Hey! i was wondering, could you do a summary of what you might eat in a day? I already eat paleo diet, but I'm not getting good results from it and I've been eating it over a year. I'm thinking being more strict might help to atleast clear out if i have candida. Also, they sell candida cleanses in supplement form, i believe you take them for two months to be sure, but do you think these work the same as the diet?

MemberMember
(@bravetricycle)

Posted : 04/26/2017 11:15 pm

Why did you stop Ziana? Did it make acne worse?

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 05/01/2017 11:43 am

Brave I stopped Ziana because my dermatologist told me she didn't feel I needed it any longer. It made my face ridiculously oily so I needed something else to just clear up what was left. If you look at my beginning photos, it did work to some extent.

Gracie, here is what my day looks life.

bfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice of homemade almond bread, and a cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

Snack: handful of mixed nuts with NO peanuts in it.

Lunch: paleo pancakes with a tiny bit of sugar free syrup

Snack: cashews or 1 rice cake with a tiny bit of all natural almond butter

dinner: chicken, veggie mix, and maybe some coconut cupcakes for dessert (they are no sugar, no grains candida recipe)

Here is my face currently. And my period just started this morning... Didn't make me completely breakout 

0501170939.jpg

0501170937a.jpg

MemberMember
(@nooknook)

Posted : 05/02/2017 8:21 pm

This is so amazing to see! Are you using any type of regimen as well? I always get about 2 weeks into a candida diet but then I find it really hard to avoid sugar from there :( especially around my period. But this gives me hope! I'm going to try again!

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 05/08/2017 2:36 pm

I just use clinique face bar and elta md spf 30 plus moisturizer. Sometimes ill do short contact therapy with benzoyl peroxide :) 

MemberMember
(@kashmoney123)

Posted : 05/08/2017 8:10 pm

Great work girl! I'm also about 1 month into a similar diet! (doing low sugar, night-shade free paleo). It's super hard, I feel like any and all free-time i have is spent cooking and doing paleo baking, but im sure that with more time i will hack the system and become more efficient at it. It's definitely helped my acne a LOT. Im going to keep going with this diet, i hope that in some months from now the results will be even better! Where did you get the guidelines for your candida diet? There is so much out there on the internet. Im also interested, rice cakes are allowed on your diet? I thought they were pretty high GI.

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 05/10/2017 6:57 pm

Unfortunately, I'm currently breaking out due to a medication the doc tried me on:(

I eat a multigrain rice cake that's 22 calories per each one and super super low in carbs.

MemberMember
(@megan-faith10)

Posted : 05/24/2017 9:32 am

So I currently have 2 huge active spots. Why you ask? Because I extracted 2 blackheads which turned into two HUGE pimples... So now I'm terrified to touch any other blackheads EVER! And I also learned coconut milk Makes my face inflamed even more! So here's to healing! On a good note, the right side of my face hasn't broken out in almost a month :) Its healing very nicely!!

0524170729a.jpg

0524170729.jpg

MemberMember
(@eve55)

Posted : 05/30/2017 10:34 pm

Amazing progress! Keep good work! I want to try your method, hahaha.

MemberMember
(@vanessa-p)

Posted : 01/09/2018 7:04 pm

@megan.faith10 Just wanted to see what your journey is now! I'm trying the Candida diet and I'm excited about the prospects. Also could you post a recipe for the almond bread and coconut cupcakes? :)

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 04/04/2018 5:34 pm

Will a candida diet work for a male or is this just for females? I too find myself breaking out from rice, sugar, and milk. I literally eat only once a day and it has been chicken and salad, but i want to expand my menu and would really like to hear from you if you have any links to easy-to-do candida recipes.

also, congrats on the success with your diet, you look great! 🙂