12 Weeks On Regimen...

Notifications
Clear all

12 Weeks On Regimen + Flaky skin :/

MemberMember
(@stirringsuv)

Posted : 04/10/2017 11:45 pm

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to look into my problem! ^_^ So, I have been on the regimen for 12 weeks and I am not so happy. I am STILL breaking out, but only on my cheeks and casually on my forehead. I used to have up to about 5 pimples on my forehead, but now I barely have any!!! The problem is, I broke out recently on my cheeks and it used to be rare when I did. I currently have 4 pimples on my right cheek and they look gross! I do use 4mL of BP on my whole face. MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS that I am still peeling!! Throughout the day, my skin starts to flake on my mustache area, my chin, my jaw, and on the area around my eyebrows. I have recently switched to the Aveeno SPF 15 moisturizer (which is recommended by Dan) and I really like it but it still doesn't prevent my skin from peeling (it does help with both peeling and my oilyness) even after using a drop of jojoba oil. I do use Dan's moisturizer at night with jojoba oil, but not with AHA since it seems to make me flake more. So, how do I stop my skin from peeling? I am very frustrated and discouraged to keep using the regimen! CORRECT ME ON ANY MISTAKES I MAY BE DOING AND FEEL FREE TO ASK ME QUESTIONS.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 04/13/2017 2:38 pm

Hi StirringSuv,

The Regimen products are clinically proven and they will work to clear your acne. Make sure of two things:

1. You are using only Acne.org Regimen products on your face and nothing else.
2. You are using the Acne.org Regimen products exactly as directed.

If you do both 1 and 2 you will have completely clear, radiant, healthy looking skin. Guaranteed.

Many people are making common mistakes. Take this questionnaire to be sure you're on track just right:

http://www.acne.org/regimen-help.html#questionaire

Also keep in mind that many people take 3-4 months to get clear. We have received literally hundreds of success stories over the years from people who have said they are so glad they stuck it. Stay patient and you will clear up.

MemberMember
(@finerpuffin)

Posted : 04/13/2017 10:44 pm

My skin is extremely flaky and dry as well. The weird thing is, my face really took to the regimen for the first two weeks, but has since been very coarse. I keep getting pimples along my hairline, but they aren't as big as they used to be so I know it's working. I just can't stand the dryness. My skin looks better but the texture feels awful. I'm just going to stick with it to see if it gets better. I'll wait three months, though. I'm about a month in.

My forehead literally feels like sandpaper despite using the regimen as directed. I hope you get some solid advice! I'm clearly having the same issues.

MemberMember
(@liv)

Posted : 04/14/2017 2:43 am

Have you considered maybe dropping jojoba oil from your routine? I found it broke me out! I'm nearing the end of week 9 and finally don't have any flaky skin. The reason why is because I started using micellar water day and night, I'd use cotton wool to gently exfoliate and within a week the flakes were gone. I don't know if it'll work for you but it did wonders for me. I found having flaky skin contributed to breakouts as the dead skin clogged my pores. Now I'm no longer flaky, the breakouts have subsided.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

MemberMember
(@stirringsuv)

Posted : 04/14/2017 11:40 am

9 hours ago, Liv said:

Have you considered maybe dropping jojoba oil from your routine? I found it broke me out! I'm nearing the end of week 9 and finally don't have any flaky skin. The reason why is because I started using micellar water day and night, I'd use cotton wool to gently exfoliate and within a week the flakes were gone. I don't know if it'll work for you but it did wonders for me. I found having flaky skin contributed to breakouts as the dead skin clogged my pores. Now I'm no longer flaky, the breakouts have subsided.

Hope that helps! Good luck.

When do I use the micellar water? Before or after using the Acne.org cleanser? Also, which micellar water do you use?

9 hours ago, Liv said:

Hope that helps! Good l

Jayfaraz liked
MemberMember
(@liv)

Posted : 04/17/2017 9:56 am

Hmm I'd say before - because my micellar water (it's an Australian organic brand called Sukin) you have to wash off after applying, so I just cleanse afterwards. Also in the morning I don't cleanse, I just wash my face with water after using micellar. Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@aplentyknight)

Posted : 04/19/2017 1:29 am

Try Cetaphil SPF 15!!!!! I found this product a year after being on the regimen and I wish I found it sooner- this is the only product that made my skin feel normal again and not tight/dry/flaky.

MemberMember
(@gackt3)

Posted : 07/17/2017 2:50 am

I have the similiar skin problem.

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/18/2017 10:00 am

How dry is your skin, and is it dry the whole day? Do other people notice your dry skin? Do you use BP once a day or twice?