Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duli

3 WEEKS ON DIFFERIN!!!! INITIAL PURGE QUESTION

i am 14 years old and as of a month ago my acne was at a very bad place. i had HUGE pimples on my nose (atleast 3) and they were seriously visible. i have tiny inflamed spots on both of cheeks and regular sized ones as well. the sides of my mouth were with pimples as well. my forehead and around my hairline had inflamed spots as well. to put it all together, my face looked horrible. i was so insecure i even leave the house. i have tried things ever over the counter treatment here possibly is: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur. you name it and i have probably tried it. my cousin saw my face and how bad it was and said she saw a commercial for differin and how it was officially over the counter. i have never used a retinoid before, and since it was previously prescription-only,  thought it was a meant to be. i have been using it consistently every night for 3 weeks, and have noticed a positive change in my skin. the first few days of using it, my skin grew by bumps, me inflamed  some not, all over my face. but now it is for the most part clear. since i am at the 3 week mark, i am not experiencing the "purge" or the initial breakout, and don't really look forward to. i have been using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide after the differin for a week now (epiduo dupe) and i think it's calming everything. so i ask if you think my skin will get worse from now on? btw: i have had breakouts here and there since differin. thank you and sorry this is all over the place. 

On 11/04/2017 at 4:14 AM, duli said:

i am 14 years old and as of a month ago my acne was at a very bad place. i had HUGE pimples on my nose (atleast 3) and they were seriously visible. i have tiny inflamed spots on both of cheeks and regular sized ones as well. the sides of my mouth were with pimples as well. my forehead and around my hairline had inflamed spots as well. to put it all together, my face looked horrible. i was so insecure i even leave the house. i have tried things ever over the counter treatment here possibly is: benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur. you name it and i have probably tried it. my cousin saw my face and how bad it was and said she saw a commercial for differin and how it was officially over the counter. i have never used a retinoid before, and since it was previously prescription-only,  thought it was a meant to be. i have been using it consistently every night for 3 weeks, and have noticed a positive change in my skin. the first few days of using it, my skin grew by bumps, me inflamed  some not, all over my face. but now it is for the most part clear. since i am at the 3 week mark, i am not experiencing the "purge" or the initial breakout, and don't really look forward to. i have been using 2.5% benzoyl peroxide after the differin for a week now (epiduo dupe) and i think it's calming everything. so i ask if you think my skin will get worse from now on? btw: i have had breakouts here and there since differin. thank you and sorry this is all over the place. 

Hey, how is your skin looking now? I've been on differin for about the sam ammount of time as you