Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daniellemlee

AHA+ - breaking out?

I started The Regimen in late November. I just started using AHA+ about two weeks ago and my skin has started to break out and I'm getting tons of little whiteheads in my T zone. Is this normal and should I keep using AHA+? I have been using it every night with one part AHA+ and one part moisturizer. My skin did look better for the first week but now it just looks worse. 

Edited by daniellemlee

This can happen with any new products. This also happened to me with the AHA. I've been using it a couple weeks now and my skin has re adjusted, is less red, and is doing better. It's flaky, but I think it's due to my lack of moisturizer the past few days as I have not been generous with moisturizing. Like any product, stick with it for at least 6 weeks. Apparently our skin doesn't actually fully adjust to something until at least 6 weeks of use due to the way our skin cells work. Someone else in the forums had said this. So yes definitely give it time 

I wouldn't suggest exfoliating with AHA+ more than twice a week.  I recently came back to using it twice a week, while before I was using it only once per week.  I only apply it at night, and ensure that I do not forget to limit sun exposure entirely until after I have reapplied the basic regimen in the morning.  For quite a long time, I was avoiding the product for the same reason that you are.  I think it's a matter of controlling the amount of exposure to AHA+.  If you've been applying it religiously every night, take a step back to once or twice per week.