Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  1. Can drinking tap water be bad for acne as it may not be filtered?
  2. I don’t usually drink a lot of water but I am starting to now as I want to improve my acne, I am worried that if I suddenly start to drink a lot now my skin will get a lot worse as it can purge if toxins are brought to the surface of skin due to suddenly drinking a lot of water, would a solution to this be to ease into it and slowly drink more and more water?
  3. Is drinking bottled water better than tap water for acne? Some people do say that toxins from plastics in bottles may be bad?

1. I wouldn't think it is bad but it's always best to get filtered water if you can, especially if you live in a 'hard water' area. Buy a filter jug, fill it from the tap, filter the water and drink from that.
2. I've never heard of anyone's skin getting worse when they start to drink more water. I've never heard of a water skin purge.
3. They may be bad but I'm not sure there is strong enough evidence to suggest it one way or another. Bottled water is definitely going to be better than tap water but tap water isn't going to give you major issues, it's just not as clean as filtered.

Edited by mrfringe

Some people say that acne can be effected by hydrogenated or fluoridated water. Personally I have never found water to clear my acne (i was drinking 3L a day until recently).
Drinking more water will not make your acne worse in my opinion but I have only seen improvement with my complexion form drinking water, I still had spots but my skin in general just looked better if you know what I mean so I guess thats a plus.
Avoid soft drinks!
Anna

No such thing as purging skin unless your using products designed to that affect, AHA, BHA, Retinoid and Accutane. The pimple is either in there or its not but drinking lots of water will help complexation like the lady said :)