Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  1. When applying Duac once daily gel I wash my hands with hand wash and then just wash my face with water before applying the gel, what cleansing routine should I be using to improve my acne? Should I be using some sort of soap when washing my face?
  2. I also dry my face with a paper towel/kitchen roll sheet instead of a towel as I find it is cleaner than towels, could this be making my acne worse as small bits from the paper towel/kitchen roll sheets could be sticking to my face and clogging pores?

1. Less is more. Your skin wants less aggravation/less harmful products.
2. As long as you change your towel every few days you should be fine. I wouldn't think using kitchen roll would be a good idea as bits would come off on your face.

To reduce irritation, touch your face as little as possible. Be incredibly gentle. Apply cleanser by gently gliding hands over your face, barely even touching your skin. Splash water on your face to remove it without touching if possible. 

You should also use a non-comedogenic cleanser for sensitive skin. See the cleanser reviews here on acne.org for recommendations. I use Dan's cleanser. lots of people seem to like Dove bar soap too. 

I purchased a ten pack of washcloths and use a fresh dry one each day to gently pad my face dry.