Notifications
Clear all

Hyper pigmentation

MemberMember
(@cisco21)

Posted : 04/07/2017 9:22 am

hi guys,

so i have no active acne and haven't for about a months since I started Accutane. However, I have a lot of hyperigmentationand red marks. While on accutane what should I do to help fade those? I know stay out of the sun, moisturizer, drink water but any products people recommendthat work well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 04/09/2017 11:09 am

I have the same issue..im almost 4 months done..no acne and still dealing with hyperpigmentation..i use adapalene gel (doesn't cause irritation to me because i have used it even before i started isotretinoin and also the place i live in is very hot and humid so dryness is not a problem here).. You can give it a try..so far its the only thing thats kinda working.. it hasn't completely faded the dark spots but atleast kept them under control..good luck!

MemberMember
(@cisco21)

Posted : 04/09/2017 11:30 am

19 minutes ago, eternalrocket said:

I have the same issue..im almost 4 months done..no acne and still dealing with hyperpigmentation..i use adapalene gel (doesn't cause irritation to me because i have used it even before i started isotretinoin and also the place i live in is very hot and humid so dryness is not a problem here).. You can give it a try..so far its the only thing thats kinda working.. it hasn't completely faded the dark spots but atleast kept them under control..good luck!

thanks for the response! did you find accutane helped fade the marks at all? I am currently using aloe every night but can't tell if it's making a difference. I have heard rose hip oil is also effective but haven't given it a dry yet.

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 04/09/2017 12:36 pm

1 hour ago, Cisco21 said:
1 hour ago, eternalrocket said:

thanks for the response! did you find accutane helped fade the marks at all? I am currently using aloe every night but can't tell if it's making a difference. I have heard rose hip oil is also effective but haven't given it a dry yet.

Manuka Honey patience you're lucky ur done with acne!

MemberMember
(@cisco21)

Posted : 04/09/2017 3:50 pm

I will check that out too! do you just leave it on like a face mask and then wash it off? if you have been on Accutane, has anyone experienced constant facial red/pinkness. I keep moisturizing but its still pink, and it makes my face and marks look worse than they are. very frustrating

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 04/15/2017 4:45 am

On 09/04/2017 at 10:00 PM, Cisco21 said:
On 09/04/2017 at 9:39 PM, eternalrocket said:

nop..infact..i got new dark spots (probably due to the sun despite wearing sunscreen)..and it just doesn't go away probably because these pills slow down the healing process but i have heard that scars heal much faster once you are done with this medicine...and you should definitely try drinking coconut water daily if you can.. You'll see reduction in spots for sure in like 15-20 days!