Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
earthangel1979

Is this hormonal acne

I have suffered with what I believe to be hormonal acne for the last 3 months but would love to have it confirmed by others if you think  I'm right. I have reluctantly added a photo so that you can see exactly what I've been dealing with and why my daily VIt D has come from a supplement rather than going outside and baring my awful-looking face to the world. The breakouts are focused around my chin and jawline, get worse the week leading up to my period and can take weeks to disappear. Some of them don't have heads and are rather like lumps under the skin. My soul and what little confidence I did have are totally destroyed. Have had bloods taken and a awaiting the results. If they come back normal then I do not know what I will do. Any advice about further medical tests or referrals would be greatly appreciated. I live in the UK so spironolactone is not available to me. Out of desperation, I have started taking Lucette, is that a good idea? So sorry to bombard the acne.org universe with my plight but I am sure that you all know just how awful acne can make you feel about how you look and who you are in this self-conscious society. Thanks for reading.IMG_1864.JPG

I have had quite similar skin to yours for a few years. I'm not sure whether it is hormonal or not (I believe that is one of the causes for me). I have been taking Lucette for just under three months now and my skin has greatly improved. I have alongside this been improving my diet, no fizzy drinks, less sweets and more fresh veg and water etc.

I have attached an image so you can see the difference in my skin in the couple of months since I started taking Lucette (left is about 1 month in to taking Lucette and right is today). I now have mostly scars which I am hoping to clear with Bio Oil. The actual spots have pretty much cleared. 

I wish you all the best, I know it can be a big hit to your self-esteem. In case it is relevant I am 23.

18051610_1417847618291557_1712402484_n.jpg

Thank you SO much for responding and including photos that I know must have been daunting to add. You're skin has improved greatly and I am so pleased for you. However, it now transpires that my acne may be as a result of chronic candida and I am currently on supplements (including oregano oil) which seem to be working. Abstaining from anything sugary (including fruit for now) and adhering to a strict Anti-Candida Diet is also essential and I'm determined to enjoy the summer of 2017 with my skin as clear as I am capable of achieving holistically.  Have attached a photo I took yesterday after taking a holistic supplement called AcneBlitz (from Amazon) for a little over 3 weeks and I'm very happy with the progress I have made thus far. I am so grateful for you taking the time to respond and share your skin battles with acne.org in a bid to provide me with advice. I wish you all the best with your quest for clear(er) skin.

27.04.17.JPG