Notifications
Clear all

Looking for a solution to my acne scars (PICS inside)

MemberMember
(@flooressence)

Posted : 04/03/2017 1:00 pm

Just wanted to know what my best options are. I am looking for what I can do for the biggest improvement in 3 months before I go to Europe - but also a long term goal (as I understand this will be a process of years). 

I understand I have a lot of rolling scars and was thinking of booking subcision. But what I'm not sure about is that huge hole on one side that I'm sure you can see, it's in 3 of the pics. I guess it would be categorised as simply atrophic.

Would love to hear your ideas on both short term and long term treatment plans. I posted on realself too but I laughed at the only Dr response I've received so far, which suggests a facelift.   https://www.realself.com/question/perth-au-treatment-acne-scars-large-sunken-hole-aus#4596197

Would also like to add my acne is cleared up - even though I only have a couple of cysts in these pictures anyway. Pics are a couple of months old

2016-08-04 22.46.09.jpg

2016-08-04 22.46.15.jpg

2016-08-05 19.50.39.jpg

2016-08-15 18.13.14.jpg

MemberMember
(@rdnhey)

Posted : 04/03/2017 2:08 pm

In 3 months?
2 subcisions + HA filler, one at the start and one at the end.
(If u want to have fun more than results add 2 derminator sessions and 3 light tca peel between them).
Here your 3 months journey in my opinion. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/03/2017 3:24 pm

1 hour ago, Rdnhey said:

In 3 months?
2 subcisions + HA filler, one at the start and one at the end.
(If u want to have fun more than results add 2 derminator sessions and 3 light tca peel between them).
Here your 3 months journey in my opinion. Good luck!

Something along the lines of this protocol could yield you good results. (30-50% improvement) within a year

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/04/2017 12:25 am

Your best bet is to do subcision, as they said above you can get 2 done in a 3 month period one at the beginning, and one before you leave.

They need to use sub and HA filler (the second time they will fill any spots they missed or need to top up, they always miss somewhere, or more is needed). Have a doctor or med spa do a strong 35% TCA peel (2 if you can fit them)them in with the subcisions. This will give you "some" improvement. I don't see microneedling helping in that time period as one has to do it for a year or two and your 3 months will be packed with healing.

That "hole" or atrophy will be best treated with subcision and HA filler.

Long term you need to do TCA 35% peels on the cheeks, subcision (4 of them) with HA filler, and [removed] we all use that microneedling machine, you will alternate when you heal from one procedure, to the next.

To learn all about these goto my faq below (signature), sections subcision, microneedling, and tca.

This will take 2 years of treatment to see major improvements ...with each treatment you do you'll get some more.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 04/04/2017 12:59 am

LOL at that doctor who thinks you can squeeze in a facelift in 3 months SMH.

You are right, I don't really see much active acne.

This is really ambitious, but the only feasible thing you could do in 3 months is what's been said, subcision and filler. I would not do Subcision > Filler > Subcision. If you inject filler than subcise, then you'd be displacing all that filler that took so much effort to inject precisely. I would do 2 subcisions and then filler sometime before you leave. Give yourself you time to see how the filler settles, because you could certainly get a touch up filler session before you go. If you merely expect some improvement and don't get your hopes up, then you'll be okay. Just don'texpect miracles in such a short time.