Notifications
Clear all

Running out of options! - Please Help?!

MemberMember
(@camevans)

Posted : 04/01/2017 6:29 am

Hi all - thank you so much for taking the time to look at this!
I am a male and I have had acne problems since I was about 16 and am now 21 - so you can imagine its getting pretty tiring. The pimples I have been getting in the past 3 years or so are all located around the mouth, chin, jawline and under the chin. My skin condition is fairly inconsistent, one week it wont be toobad, the next week it will be quite bad, however there are never any prolonged periods of time in which my skin is 'good'. The older I get, the more self-conscious I am becoming about them and they're restricting me in social, educational (uni) and economical (dirty work) aspects; hence I thought I'd ask you guys.
Firstly, I have chronic liver disease (autoimmune hepatitis), ulcerative cholitis (colon) and primary billary cholangitis (liver) which restrict me from having Vitamin A tablets such as Roacitane which are apparently a good solution and anti-biotics. So, I have tried Vitamin A topical cream, a range of other after shower creams, moisturisers and face cleansers prescribed to me by GP's and dermatologists.
I exercise every day, ride motorbikes, surf and skate; so I am sweating quite a bit. I try to eat as healthy as possible (no white bread, white rice, junk food, etc etc) and I drink probably once a week. I know this is quite long-winded and apologise for that in advance, but any help is much appreciated! Does anyone know anything else I can try please???

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 04/02/2017 9:26 pm

Try drinking green tea...prob won't cure your acne but should help especially if you have oily skin...good luck