Notifications
Clear all

Can skin develop resistant to benzoyl peroxide?

MemberMember
(@meritfairies)

Posted : 04/01/2017 1:05 am

I've used Benzoyl peroxide or prescribed acne treatment (Duac) 2 years ago on a regular basis for about a whole year and my skin was unbelieveably smooth and clear. until I stopped taking care of my skin for about 6 months and developed pretty moderate acne. so I hopped on to using Duac again. It's been well over 5 months now, and I've seen little change over the period and developed acne scars. I've changed my beddings aswell as sleeping on time and washing my face in the morning after I wake up. any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@hello_friend)

Posted : 04/05/2017 11:37 am

Resistant for BP isn't possible. You can get resistant for a virus but not for a topical medication such as BP. I don't know for how long your using the BP already again, but you should use it for about a 1 - 2 months to really see results.

Also try to pay attention to your diet. What you eat really influences your acne. It helped me a lot. A basic acne diet contains:

• less sugar. Try to avoid sugar as much as possible. I monitor my sugar intake on my iPhone and always try not to eat more than 30 grams of sugar per day. It doesn't matter what kind of sugar you eat for your acne. So sugar from fruit and sugar from a cookie have the exact same influence on your acne.
  • low glycemic index food.The GL and also the GI of a food indicates how much it will cause your blood sugar to spike. Sugar spikes cause acne by most people.
  • less dairy.This doesn't really influence my acne but it can be a really big factor for other peoples.

But of course everyone is different and these tips may not work for you but they did help my acne improve really much!