Notifications
Clear all

Little Cyst on my eyelid

MemberMember
(@emmapolly)

Posted : 03/30/2017 6:07 pm

I'm on my third month of accutane on 40mg a day as I've had a LOT of side effects, mainly being dry everywhere!
Anyway one day I woke up with a weird white tiny lump on my upper waterline of my eye, it made my eye so so itchy for the whole day and it was uncomfortable to blink. I prodded it with a cotton bud in the evening and it basically burst straight away, so it was like having a yellow head type of spot on my waterline... then it was suddenly gone!
I am just wondering  anyone else has experienced anything similar?
my dermotologist says its nothing to worry about as it disappeared quickly but it was a weird experience haha! 

IMG_5750.PNG

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/01/2017 3:10 am

Firstly thats a really good camera! (And i love the glitter!) I have never heard of that happening before but I guess that unless it happens again, try not to worry about it. Acne can appear in very odd places. (and omg they hurt when they get right in your ear)

MemberMember
(@emmapolly)

Posted : 04/15/2017 4:11 am

Thanks it's just my iPhone 6 Plus camera aha! Yeah hasn't come back at all just have sore eyes all be time, I'm on my 4th month now so not too long left! :D 

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/15/2017 1:08 pm

ive had the same thing happen to me maybe 2 or 3 times over many years.

like you said, gently prodding it with a cotton bud seems to the trick.

i did a search and it seems the reason for getting this problem can be one of many things.. infection, clogged oil gland, dead skin cells,hpv, cyst etc

MemberMember
(@fineshrine)

Posted : 04/16/2017 10:22 pm

Looks and sounds like an eye stye! I've actually had these before when my face was clear. It's more of an infection. You probably got some dust or bacteria in your eye. They last a few days to weeks to disappear. They're super weird and uncomfortable, but It's nothing to worry about!

MemberMember
(@gracelynne)

Posted : 03/24/2018 11:14 am

This morning I woke up to this white bump on my upper eyelash. It has only really hurt blinking but has not been itchy or has made the skin around my eye red. Right when I woke up I pulled my phone to see what was wrong with me eye and Im not positive but, defiantly could be whatever your were/are expirencing. Since you have been through the process of getting rid of these bumps could you give me tips on how to make this bump go away?

MemberMember
(@sincereizreal)

Posted : 03/08/2020 7:58 am

Yesss I am soo glad to finally find out what this is on my eye. This is now like my 4th time getting one. It causes my eye to be extremely irritated and soon as I scratch it off it's gone. Finally decided to search on it and found this. Not glad for your discomfort just glad someone had it like me that I could find out about it. Thanks so much.