Notifications
Clear all

TCA applied on a Rolling scar

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/29/2017 10:35 pm

A scar looks like a mix between a rolling and box scar. Upon stretching, it doesn't entirely flatten like let's say an enlarged pore would. It looks a lot better, like it's almost gone, but it doesn't look likr normal skin when stretched.
What would happen if tca 50% is applied to it? Normally, ,such a scar would be treated with subcision.

The reason why I'm asking is because I want to know the risks of using the wrong method on a scar due to misclasification.

Are there any other ways to distinguish a scar from another, except by having a general idea? Some examples from the internet use pictures that leave no room for doubt, but every person's scars are different...

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 03/30/2017 12:52 am

I'mquestioning about the same thing. I have some wide boxcars, what would happen if i apply let's say 50 percent tca on it?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/30/2017 4:40 am

This is confusing without a pic. Are you saying there is a texture issue. TCA helps with texture issues. Are you saying it's a scar with fat loss thus needing filler, or are you saying it's tethered. So many variables. If 50% TCA is applied to texture it widens the spot and with repeated treatment blends out the scar to soften it, TCA Cross of course raises the scar bed (floor) by re wounding the bottom surface and letting the body heal it.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 03/30/2017 6:15 am

Do TCa cross work on tethered scars?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/30/2017 7:33 am

No TCA works for texture (the surface), Tethered scars = subcision

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/30/2017 9:39 pm

The first 2 marked pictures are from afar and the other two are from closer up.
To me it looks like I should just do resurfacing with dot peel.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 03/30/2017 10:55 pm

Those look like boxcar scars and ice pick. I see no rolling scars

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/30/2017 11:19 pm

23 minutes ago, Robertitoo said:

Those look like boxcar scars and ice pick. I see no rolling scars

Cool! Wide and narrow box scars are treated the same I suppose?
I'm so excited to do some TCA 50% next week!!!

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/31/2017 2:02 am

Go slow. Do only test spots first. An entire face of wider red spots after TCA Cross will not look pretty.

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/31/2017 9:41 am

How many days would it take approximately to get a crust, heal and peel off...?
Most information online says it takes about 4-5 days for the skin to get a crust and then it takes about 10 days to 2 weeks for it to completely peel off.
Check this out :|  http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352241015000444
I'll do small dots obviously, but my skin if a little lighter and more sensitive... Should I dilute the peel? I really don't want to waste my 5 days off!!! 

MemberMember
(@elpuma)

Posted : 04/02/2017 12:23 pm

Im curious if the TCA Cross worked for you. did it?

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 04/02/2017 2:16 pm

[Redacted]

On 4/2/2017 at 11:23 PM, ELPUMA said:

Im curious if the TCA Cross worked for you. did it?

Well, I only did a patch test of different peels and so far I haven't had any bad reactions.
Less than 24 hours later, my skin is healing well.
The TCA Cross looks like I have small marks from past pimples and my skin is a bit pinkish from the patch peel.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 04/10/2017 11:57 pm

I came across this masive TCA cross thread. It may be helpfull for you :)

The link doesn't work... Just google on stefany tca cross acne.org

I also found this: 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3937506/

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 04/11/2017 12:11 pm

The rolling scar I was referring to was super small and superficial. There wasn't much fat loss if any at all, which is why my 1st post was about misclasifying scars :) it honestly looks better now after the peel, so maybe it was a wide box scar :)
I have no intentions on reinventing the wheel, life is too short!  

kat22 liked
MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 04/17/2017 3:16 pm

My skin is still healing and there is 1 spot that is still peeling, but overall it's starting to look normal.
I don't really see any results, so I'm not sure if it was all worth it... It'd be very hard to take so many days off from work for another chemical peel- I really looked bad when I came back to work and I don't want to go through the same emotional roller-coaster....
My plan is to use my derminator only, once a month, and 25% SA peels every 2 weeks until my acne clears completely, while I use Adapalene gel 0.1%.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/18/2017 11:37 pm

@WaterFountainIt's very slow and progressive. You get some improvement with each treatment. Do you see any improvement? To avoid the roller coaster, treat a small space and alternate, easier to deal with. You were doing multiple treatments at once, so that is hardcore compared to most people who do something smaller. Did the Cross help at all?