Notifications
Clear all

Do face washes and body washes actually work?

MemberMember
(@cz413)

Posted : 03/29/2017 5:14 pm

I had been using Nuetrogena body wash on my body and face for the entire bottle, and hadn't seen much improvement, if at all. I usually leave it in for as long as possible; while I wash/condition my hair, brush my teeth, etc.

I have acne and blackheads on my face and back.

Is this becasue its a cheap product, or do washes just not work?

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/29/2017 11:24 pm

So many products available are just plain crap. I have tried sooo many and they just dont do anything or they irritate and make things worse. Even my gp/doctor said they are all just a waste of money. Ive been using one thats popular with dermatologist and my derm told me its good for mild to moderate acne (mine is more moderate) and its only been 10 days so too soon to tell, but it doesnt make my acne red after ive just washed it like a lot do (including Proavtiv). Its the "La Roche-Posay Effaclar" brand.

Dont know if this link will work - http://www.laroche-posay.com.au/
I know its Australian where I live so not sure where you are or if you can get it but its one to look into.

MemberMember
(@tommograham1980)

Posted : 03/30/2017 2:42 am

Try a wash with bp. I avoided it for ages because I didn't want the skin irritation but it cleared my back and chest up quick time.

It is expensive and you have to keep up with using it.

Tom

Rachie39 liked
MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/30/2017 2:52 am

Yep I agree with this too. Benzoyl peroxide 2.5% is best to start with and if you can tolerate that, then the 5% is great and it does work quite fast I reckon.