Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CheeryStone

HELP :( Can Anyone Tell Me What This Is? (with photos)

Hello everybody,

this is my very post to this forum and I hope that just one person can help me.
I'm a 32yr old female, with mild hirsutism and have acne prone, combination skin. I don't suffer from PCOS.

On Feb. 28th a bump started forming on my chin. I thought it's either gonna turn into a whitehead or a cyst.
Anyways, I ended up picking on it a little bit and I also used my Clarisonic Mia 2 with the sensitive brushhead on it.
At one point the spot had two heads, one which had a tiny bit of pus in it and the other was clear and skin like. I didn't touch the spot anymore and eventually the pus head turned into a small blood filled chamber. It went away not too long after. 

I've put ichthammol ointment on it for a couple days but nothing has changed. The last two days I put a bit of coconut oil on it (same with the other spot in the picture, the one with the crust on it, left) The crust fell off the soft spot today, but the spot remains the same.

I'm in the UK and it's pretty much impossible for me to see a dermatologist. The gps in my practice are pretty useless so I thought I'd ask this forum.

So, as you can probably see from the photos, I'm talking about the spot on the bottom right. Its about 5mm in size, doesn't hurt, it's soft and as far as I can tell there is no pus or hair in it (but who knows if there isnt something deeper in the skin)

What can I do, to get rid of this? Is it infected or what is going on here? First I thought it's just a papule, but can it be, shouldn't it have a head by now?

I should also mention, I stopped eating dairy over a week ago and I don't seem to get any whiteheads anymore. Everything seems to have calmed down except for this weird spot. I'm very close to crying, because I have no idea what it is.

I hope someone can help me identify what it is and what I can do.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender (5).jpg

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes