Notifications
Clear all

Skin help

MemberMember
(@madmax1999)

Posted : 03/27/2017 7:41 pm

My skin is often very dry and red so whenever I take a shower or use any type of cleanser for acne it makes it worse. And when I use a moisturizer to try to help with this my skin gets dull and coarse. Can anyone help with this?

MemberMember
(@nathan_np)

Posted : 03/29/2017 12:22 am

Oil based cleanser.. Preferably organic.

Avoid anything with mineral, canola, lanolin - unless it states that it's not synthetic, cocoa butter and vegetable oils). Extra plus for rosehip, peppermint, tea tree, chia seed, jojoba, argan, etc. If you find a particular product I can loot it up and comment if you like.

Any more questions, let me know.

MemberMember
(@madmax1999)

Posted : 03/29/2017 7:14 pm

Thank you for the advice. Just curious do you have any idea of something that could work for me God a routine? Cause I'm a little confused and what I have tried doesn't seem to work.

Thank you for the advice. Just curious do you have any idea of something that could work for me God a routine? Cause I'm a little confused and what I have tried doesn't seem to work.

MemberMember
(@bill-hong)

Posted : 03/29/2017 7:49 pm

you use too much chemical materials they damage your face

MemberMember
(@nathan_np)

Posted : 03/29/2017 8:31 pm

58 minutes ago, Madmax1999 said:

Ok, well I don't know where you're from so I couldn't recommend any exact products. But if you're responding negatively to what you are using, then obviously stop using it. If you can make a list I can let you know if it's any good.

Like bill above has eluded to, you're stripping your face. An oil based cleanser will clean without stripping away your essential lipids. Step away from all your mainstream acne brands, because they tend to be the harshest. Find a good, organic face wash (referring back to my initial post). Then also find a brand that sells glycolic products. You can even get one with both glycolic acid and salicylic acid, which will be fantastic. Whilst you may think 'chemical stripping' again with those two ingredients, it's actually very strange how different acids react with the body, inside or out. Those are good acids for skin. When you find such a brand, get a wash and a serum/night serum. Finally, get a 'face oil'.. not sure what you would really call it, but it's a combination of good oils to nourish your skin, sold in a small bottle 15mL - 30mL usually.

Once you have these use the oil based cleanser for two days, glycolic for one, and so on. Alternate between the glycolic night serum and face oil each night. You can get salicylic acid spot treatments, use one if you like.Avoid benzoyl peroxide, it sounds like your skin is too sensitive. Avoid harsh cleansers (if your skin feels tight after using something it is WAY TOO HARSH!). I would say avoid chlorhexidine, iodine (as a wash), dettol, or benzoyl.

Most of all, be patient. Most people don't give new regimens a solid chance before deeming it 'not for them'. Your skin wont have the same sparkly clean feeling as you might get from a harsh cleanser, for obvious reason, it isn't stripping your essential lipids, but it definitely is cleaning your skin. I think you will enjoy being able to wash your face without the harsh result.

You can go much further/do much more for your skin, however from the perspective of just grabbing some products and using them.. Start with the above. If it helps you, like my post so other people know they can trust me.

Any other questions, fire away. Where are you located btw?

MemberMember
(@madmax1999)

Posted : 03/29/2017 9:32 pm

In Minnesota and thanks that makes sense. What I tend to be get frustrated with is not being able to tell whether or not what I'm doing is correct.

MemberMember
(@nathan_np)

Posted : 03/30/2017 1:14 am

Some times it can be a bit of a guessing game, but your body is a great indicator. Yes your body can and does malfunction, however when running on all cylinders it lets you know that you're doing something wrong (wrong fuel, wrong wash, working it too hard) by giving you an indicator. Take not of the indicator and fix it. Unfortunately with the advent/discovery of various chemicals and medications, it tricks the body to either function a different way, or transmit an incorrect signal back to the computer (sorry for all the car analogies, but it's relatable). If you're oily, that generally means that you need lubrication/protection, hungry = food, itchy = something is irritating you.. get it. I know it's not as simple as that but it's the general basis that everyone should be going off, especially the millions of people with type 2 diabetes.

Anyway I'll see if I can look up what products would be available. I just have some other work that I'msupposed to be doing.

MemberMember
(@madmax1999)

Posted : 03/31/2017 4:09 pm

Could I send you a picture of what my skin looks like? Maybe that would help cause I've tried not using anything on my skin for a few days to see if it helps and if anything it kind of looks worse.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/01/2017 2:53 am

Hi. Yeah your skin will look worse because there is nothing to take the bacteria away. Try very mild products. Cetaphil is good. It cleared up my skin (until my acne became hormonal) its very gentle.

MemberMember
(@madmax1999)

Posted : 04/01/2017 7:12 am

Ive already been using cetaphil for a moisturizer. And for a cleanser I bought the kind for super sensitive skin but I'm still having the problem.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/01/2017 2:09 pm

You may need an antibiotic. Have you talked to your gp/doctor?

MemberMember
(@domokun)

Posted : 04/02/2017 10:15 am

Just wondering whether do you shower with hot water? If my skin is sensitive, I would only use cold water on my face:).

MemberMember
(@madmax1999)

Posted : 04/04/2017 5:04 pm

Usually hot but I'll try cold to see if it helps. Thanks

On 4/1/2017 at 2:09 PM, Rachie39 said:

You may need an antibiotic. Have you talked to your gp/doctor?