Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jzhang1999

Scars in my ear from acne

A couple of years ago, I got many pimples in my ear and they left huge crater like scars along my ear concha. I've researched a lot online but I can't seem to find information about these scars. I really want to get rid of them, does anyone know how? I'm really self-conscious about them and I hate putting my hair behind my ears because I don't want people to be disgusted :smileys_n_people_15: Any help would be very appreciated! :)

image2 (1).PNGimage1 (3).PNG

IMG_1490473822 (1).jpeg

Edited by jzhang1999

Please Goto a dermatologist, These are directly in the ear cartilage. I am afraid to tell you anything like TCA Cross as this will not respond like skin. 

If it is not bugging you treating this area is difficult being your ear canal is there, cartilage, lots of oil glands, few blood vessels. 

Post these pictures on http://realself.com and ask the doctors there is you wish also for what to do. This is unusual and a difficult area to treat. Let us know what they say, it could be helpful to others.  

My son has identical issue. What helps this??

Hi.  Did you find a resolution. My teen son has identical scaring or pitting. What can be done. ??

If it makes you feel any better, there is no way I would ever notice those scars in your ear. Even if you pointed it out I would be like huh, if anything, that looks cool. I think you should leave it as is, it's absolutely nothing to worry about. I'm not just saying this, I really would not bother, I doubt anyone will ever notice this 

leave ears people even dont notice mild scars on face i have many scars on face ranging from chicken pox and amvc and some ice picks from acne....and no body ever told me about these to me even if i say someone do u know i have scars they say where show me..i cant see it and things like that

.remeber when we were kid we didnt noticed scars in any faces but now we notice it

in fact many people dont even know what scars are

so please leave those scars those are nothing

These scars do not look disgusting, in fact, in my opinion, they look kind of cool. No one will ever notice them, unless you specifically point them out, trust me. I mean, when was the last time you really looked at someone's ear? I wouldn't waste my time/money on this.

I now see this was written in 2017. My bad.

Edited by freshman