Notifications
Clear all

Acne or folliculitis???

MemberMember
(@dankaglacial)

Posted : 03/27/2017 3:41 pm

Hello,
basically im on my 9th week of oxytetracycline (also using differin on the face), and every couple of weeks I get this intense breakout of tiny red bumps all over my arms, back, a bit on my chest and upper stomach, and butt. I've attached pictures below.

the acne on my face has cleared up quite a bit, but not so much luck with body acne. Could it be folliculitis or does it look more like mild but persistent acne?

IMG_1545.PNG

IMG_1546.PNG

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/28/2017 2:51 am

maybe both, bot definitely have folliculitis

MemberMember
(@dankaglacial)

Posted : 03/28/2017 3:39 pm

12 hours ago, De Rerum Natura said:

maybe both, bot definitely have folliculitis

if it is folliculitis (it is quite itchy and quite painful, but idk if that's just me being overly sensitive to symptoms), should I do anything at home? or should I get an appointment with my GP asap, or alternatively deal with it until my dermatologist appointment midway through April?

MemberMember
(@nathan_np)

Posted : 03/28/2017 11:02 pm

What do you use to wash those areas you mentioned?

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/29/2017 1:42 am

o should look for mupirocin cream, isnt expensive, it can be powerful against acne and probably one of the best treatments for folliculitis.
the problem with foliculitis is that the sufferer almost always have collones of bacteria inside nose nostrils/ears or cavities, the name of bacteria that causes folliculitis is staphilococcus aureus, and some times they can be resistent to many antibiotics
u should use it inside your nose nostrils and in the area that is mainly affected
u i advise you to do some research before jump to anything though
good luck

MemberMember
(@dankaglacial)

Posted : 03/29/2017 2:03 am

3 hours ago, Nathan_NP said:

What do you use to wash those areas you mentioned?

The same mild soap I use to wash my whole body, but when it first started breaking out I started using a Simple acne body wash on those areas

MemberMember
(@nathan_np)

Posted : 03/30/2017 4:24 am

On 29/03/2017 at 5:03 PM, dankaglacial said:
The same mild soap I use to wash my whole body, but when it first started breaking out I started using a Simple acne body wash on those areas

Can you be more specific please? I can't help you based on "the same mild soap I use to wash my whole body". You're basing that response on the premise that the soap that you use on the rest of your body is totally fine.

MemberMember
(@dankaglacial)

Posted : 03/30/2017 7:22 am

2 hours ago, Nathan_NP said:
Can you be more specific please? I can't help you based on "the same mild soap I use to wash my whole body". You're basing that response on the premise that the soap that you use on the rest of your body is totally fine.

sorry! I used things like the Dove Sensitive soap that comes in a bar if you know what I mean? Occasionally I used shower gels from Avon, but ever since I got a bad breakout all over my back I have been using the Simple acne body wash (its got like zinc and witch hazel in it) with the coars side of a sponge. This weird breakout that I got a couple of days ago though was causing a lot of pain and itch, so I went to my GP, and she said I had a mild skin infection, but she didn't mention what might have caused it, or any specifics about it, just gave me a course of antibiotics.