Notifications
Clear all

Caveman/ water regimen

MemberMember
(@cavewoman)

Posted : 03/27/2017 3:27 pm

Let me start by explaining what the caveman/ water regimen is.
The caveman regimen is when you COMPLETELY STOP washing your face. The water regimen is a modified version of the caveman regimen where you only wash with water, nothing else. The idea of these is that our skin is designed to maintain its self and by using face wash, especially acne medicated face wash, we are not allowing our skin to do what is is designed to do. If you want more detail there are plenty of forums online for you to research.

I am 20 and have I guess oily combination acne prone skin. My skin is dry but produces LOTS of oil. I usually wash my face twice a day. So when I first heard of the caveman regimen I thought To myself, there's no way I can go even half a day without washing my face. But I have tried every over the counter product to get rid for my moderate acne that was cystic around my jaw and mouth mostly around my TOTM. some things helped but only short term. And nothing the dermatologist provided helped the all.

So I decided to try the water regimen.
I use distilled water instead of tap because the tap where I live seems to aggrivate my skin. So I get a bowl full of warm distilled water and a clean washcloth and use that to gently wash my face morning and night. I have only been doing this for a week now but it's going 1000x better than I expected. My face does not feel gross. After washing with just water it actually feels just as clean as when I would use a face wash. I have been getting about 3 whiteheads when I wake up in morning but im convinced this is my skin pushing all of the gunk out of my pores. I usually have 3-5 cystic spots at a time and in past week I have only gotten one and it came to the surface in about 2 days.
My overall complexion seems more even not as red as usual. I will continue this method for a total of 3 months and hope to God this I s the answer To forever banish my adult acne. I will keep this post updated.

UPDATE: Day 8
before going to bedlast night I noticed quite a few small white heads coming to the serface so i fully expect to wake up with lots of whiteheads. When I went towash my face this morning I had probably 8 whiteheads. I did pop thembecause well, i have a job and im going into work with white zits all over my face. I try to wait as long as I can no before poping. For instance last night I had a few whiteheads but waitedtill the morning to pop so they more time to come to The surface on their own.
Im still confident that these small breakouts are my skin pushing all of the gunk out of my pores.

MemberMember
(@josh_hockey)

Posted : 03/27/2017 4:34 pm

About what you said about the tap water irritating your face...

I noticed hard water leaves like film on my face and eventually breaks me out. So I stopped using the tap water and noticed a big improvement. I've since gone back to tap water but I moisterize with cetaphil after each wash and everything is good so far. 

glad you're having success :)  .

MemberMember
(@cavewoman)

Posted : 03/27/2017 4:55 pm

17 minutes ago, Josh_hockey said:

About what you said about the tap water irritating your face...

I noticed hard water leaves like film on my face and eventually breaks me out. So I stopped using the tap water and noticed a big improvement. I've since gone back to tap water but I moisterize with cetaphil after each wash and everything is good so far. 

glad you're having success :)  .

I've read a lot of things saying tap water in certain areas can contain a lot of minerals and microscopic metals. And the result is when the water reaches the oil inside your pores or instantly turns that oil into wax, clogging your pores. I realized this was happening to me because when I would visit my mom in Colorado  used the tap there And my skin notisibly cleared each day. Filtered water is such a hassle but seems to be helping. 
I'm glad you found something that worked for you!