Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cisco21

Accutane and preventing more acne

Hi guys, 

I have been on accutane coming up on 2 months. After the initial breakout of the first week, I have only had 2 spots since then!!!! I have been washing my face less, lathering on moisturizer. My question is will accutane stop any acne from forming regardless of what I do to my face? Basically will getting a pimple be determined by accutane and not what I personally do? I have heard that when on accutane, and you can do whatever you want since the medicine will overall decide when you get acne, or is this myth?

Thanks 

Im 77 days in and I still have random pimples popping up. I wash my face every night with ceravae hydrating cleanser and use ceravae lotion in the morning. 

I think Accutane makes it very hard to block your pores yourself, my derm said in so many words it doesn't matter what I do to my face lol but he said it wouldn't hurt to use non comeodegenic products which personally I am as I'm not taking my chances lol