Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'll try to make this short. I know most of you have busy lives and I'd prefer not to waste your time. This is what has helped me with my cystic acne more than anything else:

1. At night in the shower, wet face with water, pour tea tree oil into my hand, rub it on my face for 30 seconds. It should sting a little bit. Rinse it off, use regular cleanser (I use Simple moisturizing facial wash), rinse, let skin dry completely.
2. Apply Differin gel 0.1%.
3. Go to bed.

4. Wake up, use a moisturizer with SPF (I use Aveeno positively radiant daily moisturizer SPF 30).
5. Go on with your day.
6. Repeat from #1.

I don't do anything extreme like cutting out food groups, changing my pillowcases every day, or rubbing urine on my face (yeah, that's a thing).

I think the tea tree oil helps kill the bacteria, the facial cleanser is gentle, the differin gel improves skin cell turnover, and the SPF prevents sun damage.

note: I don't moisturize at night because my skin's oil production seemed to regulate when I stopped.

When first starting Differin, skin will get dry, so I recommend using it every other night for 2 weeks, then using it every night.  I've been using it for 2 months so far.

Though others have experienced an initial breakout with Differin, I haven't (at least nothing too different from my acne before). Last month, the cysts seemed to come to a head (strangely) and popped easily. If I did get new acne, they were tiny whiteheads that would heal quickly.

For a week now, I haven't had any new pimples. I don't get cysts anymore, thank god. The hyperpigmentation is fading. I feel good enough to stop wearing makeup. My dad said: "Whatever you're doing is working, your skin looks much better."

a bit of a before/after, 2 months progress: 

20170326_101051.jpg
All that's left now is some redness.

I know you're probably already on some regimen, that's fine. But if that doesn't help I'd encourage you to try this.

Edited by oddvis
Added photos

These are great remedies for skin care, even without problems. Thank you for sharing, enjoy the fresh clean happy face.
:smileys_n_people_82: