Notifications
Clear all

Horrible Scarring. What Are my Options?

MemberMember
(@jr2k17)

Posted : 03/25/2017 3:13 pm

Hey guys!

Just found out about this forum and thought I'd share my story with you all and hear what members of this community might have to say.

I've been struggling with acne ever since I was an adolescent. I believe it was caused by a combination of genetics(mother has scarring too) and a poor diet. Never suffered from cystic acne and my acne was not all that severe. Around 2012, I started to notice shallow crates on my cheeks and temples but didn't make a big deal out of it since it wasn't that noticeable.

In 2013, the scars seemed to become more prominent and would look horrendous in certain lighting conditions. I felt depressed and really felt self conscious about it. I've purposely missed out on lectures, meetings, parties, etc. because of it. I have been able to decrease my "give a f*ck level" to about 40% and I can go out and live my life.

Questions:
Is there a good chance of at least a 60% improvementin my scarring?
Any particular treatments I should consider looking into?

Below I have attached some pics and other background info.

Background
Height:5'9"
Weight: 145lbs

Previous Treatments:

• 1 Subcision
  • 2 Dermaroller sessions
  • 1 Microdermabrasion
  • $100+ worth of products/supplements

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/25/2017 5:41 pm

Hey there you have rolling and box car scars

This will take treatment over 2 or 3 years, scars are never one and done. I don't know if you'll get 60 percent you must gauge that off your single subcision. But you will get improvement.

You need at lease 4 subcisions with filler under the subcised scars. I would buy a http://derminator.com, many of us use them here. Microneedle once a month and alternate with TCA peels.This will go on for 2 years with upkeep and life, etc... Only do microneedling or tca peels once you've completely healed.

Do subcisions somewhere during that time.

I see fat deficiency in the cheeks, you could also get sculptra throughout if that bugs you (optional), the HA filler would be on top under the scars in the subcised pockets.

After many of these procedures you could also do fractional laser (optional), but I would not start with this,, doctors push it, it can be a gamble of side effects and fat loss.

To learn more about subcision, microneedling, and tca peels please checkout the faq in my signature below.

MemberMember
(@jr2k17)

Posted : 03/25/2017 6:01 pm

8 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Hey there you have rolling and box car scars

This will take treatment over 2 or 3 years, scars are never one and done. I don't know if you'll get 60 percent you must gauge that off your single subcision. But you will get improvement.

You need at lease 4 subcisions with filler under the subcised scars. I would buy a http://derminator.com, many of us use them here. Microneedle once a month and alternate with TCA peels.This will go on for 2 years with upkeep and life, etc... Only do microneedling or tca peels once you've completely healed.

Do subcisions somewhere during that time.

I see fat deficiency in the cheeks, you could also get sculptra throughout if that bugs you (optional), the HA filler would be on top under the scars in the subcised pockets.

After many of these procedures you could also do fractional laser (optional), but I would not start with this,, doctors push it, it can be a gamble of side effects and fat loss.

To learn more about subcision, microneedling, and tca peels please checkout the faq in my signature below.

Hi beautifulambition,

I appreciate the feedback, will go through the FAQ in a bit. I've checked the Derminator and it seems like a viable option for me. With that said, what would be the recovery time after one microneedling session? Asking cause I've got a busy schedule and can't get much time off.

I won't have enough capital for the Subcision procedures until at least February of next year. So would you recommend just using the Derminator in the months prior to undergoing the said procedures?

Thanks again for your time.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/26/2017 4:33 am

I would do the derminator and acid peels, The derminator you can do on a Friday and be back to work on Monday. 1.5mm once a month treatment.

Acid peels (like TCA) take a bit more time maybe a day or two more. Some people have taken 2 sick days and the weekend and been ok. Just makes you a bit red. Some do it on vacations. With summer coming up TCA peels are harder to do with the harsh sun.

Subcision and Derminator have less down time than say a acid peel, but they also don't work on the surface texture issues they work deep down on the scars. It takes both to fully work.

Do whatever you have the time and ability to do.

Get some retin A cream online or from a dermatologist, that has no down time and helps a "bit." You put it on at night.