Notifications
Clear all

these scars ruined my life, hands down *pics*

MemberMember
(@scarfaceforlife)

Posted : 03/25/2017 1:25 pm

I have no words, my scars have turned me into an empty shell, im completely isolated and i have no joy for almost any type of social events. Im turning everything down because why not? i just dont want to be seen by any people at all. Of course there are situations where i have no choice but to go, so thank god for alcohol. Treatment is expensive and yeah, i just fail to see a fix for my scars any time soon, i'll just have to let my 20's pass, even though the thought of being isolated in my best years sickens me. Im posting this to share my experience and maybe get some help, tips n tricks or something...s2.jpgs1.jpg

Djlo liked
MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 03/25/2017 1:50 pm

You have to believe us when we say your scarring isn't horrific. We don't say it because to make you feel better, we say it because we feel it is true. Honestly, i would be happy if i have your skin. Please, look for some help. 

Treatments.... BA? :)

Aspirin, eternalrocket, megan.faith10 and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 03/25/2017 2:13 pm

Why not try makeup while you treat them for social situations

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/26/2017 4:42 am

Hello,

Your scars aren't severe. I help people all the time with treatment. There is hope. They are more surface oriented. They are surface box cars and rolling scars.

I can give you a plan PM me.

Regarding what you said above, I think your hurting inside and would do well to get some help. It is not normal to suffer by yourself like this and can do damage. Please checkout this link for a different outlook if you want it. http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/367479-your-being-lied-to-by-perfect-skin-photoshopped-youtube-celebrities/

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 04/14/2017 4:03 am

I have scarring similar to yours. The insecurity that comes from the condition is socially crippling. I know how you feel and recommend being more active in pursing improvement. Try seeing a dermatologist for treatment and it thats too expensive then give at home acid peels and microneedling a chance.

MemberMember
(@geetha-adhavan)

Posted : 07/31/2017 1:32 pm

Hi everyone... I'm 23,and dealing with severe acne scars fr almost 2_3 years...doctors told me to go for laser..bt I'm afraid,need ur help...

MemberMember
(@scarwarrior)

Posted : 08/01/2017 1:33 am

Geetha - start a thread, post your pictures - people will give you advice on what will work best for your scars

MemberMember
(@eternalrocket)

Posted : 08/01/2017 3:10 am

13 hours ago, Geetha.adhavan said:

Hi everyone... I'm 23,and dealing with severe acne scars fr almost 2_3 years...doctors told me to go for laser..bt I'm afraid,need ur help...

hi geetha, looking at your username, you seem to be an indian. one thing that I'd like to tell you is that if you want an opinion for the scars, never go to a doctor who has a private chamber or something like that, they will ALWAYS tell you to get a laser treatment which should be the last option, as far as I know. so you should rather go to a medical institute or something, like a post graduate medical college, yes it will be time taking to see the doctor because of large number or patients, but I can assure you that they will provide the best solution as they are not there to make money. I am also in india right now and I am telling you all this because I noticed this and even my derm who is in Nepal actually advised me not to visit those private chamber docs. All this only if youre in India.

MemberMember
(@i-mad)

Posted : 08/01/2017 8:57 am

walk around angry and be ready for war, my scars are worst then urs im doing fine...

MemberMember
(@jacob-a)

Posted : 08/01/2017 4:16 pm

Hey man I struggled with insecurity from my scarring at my lowest point I didn't go outside of my house over Christmas for a entire month and simply ordered groceries online and worked out in my garden and got terribly depressed. The thing that helped was throwing myself into the deep end to get over it. I had a bad reaction to accutane coupled with an immune disease so I had to drop out of college, so when I recovered I did a PT qualification and took fitness bootcamps trying to motivate other people, my scars where waaaaaay worse back then than they are now as I've had 2 aggressive laser treatments so far.

My scars are still pretty bad by most peoples standards but if i where to tell myself id stand infront of 30 odd people, and take them through a fitness class and get paid decent dollar to do it I would have laughed. Its not a fool proof strategy but with everything worth having its all about a routine of simple easy tasks that cumulatively leads to an overall better you.

-Basically fake it till you make it
-throw yourself in the deep end

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/03/2017 5:37 am

On 8/1/2017 at 2:16 PM, Jacob a said:

Hey man I struggled with insecurity from my scarring at my lowest point I didn't go outside of my house over Christmas for a entire month and simply ordered groceries online and worked out in my garden and got terribly depressed. The thing that helped was throwing myself into the deep end to get over it. I had a bad reaction to accutane coupled with an immune disease so I had to drop out of college, so when I recovered I did a PT qualification and took fitness bootcamps trying to motivate other people, my scars where waaaaaay worse back then than they are now as I've had 2 aggressive laser treatments so far.

My scars are still pretty bad by most peoples standards but if i where to tell myself id stand infront of 30 odd people, and take them through a fitness class and get paid decent dollar to do it I would have laughed. Its not a fool proof strategy but with everything worth having its all about a routine of simple easy tasks that cumulatively leads to an overall better you.

-Basically fake it till you make it
-throw yourself in the deep end

Just want to say you are awesome!

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 08/03/2017 8:07 am

It sucks but I don't think they are life ruining caliber.

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@i-mad)

Posted : 08/03/2017 9:46 am

MemberMember
(@sezenci)

Posted : 08/07/2017 7:43 am

I have same scars and these are at my temple area... Your scars not looks horrible... When I haventknown these site , i have tried co2 laser and this resulted more indented scar area... I want to share...

tomwaits liked
MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 08/09/2017 3:22 pm

On 07.08.2017 at 3:43 PM, Sezenci said:

I have same scars and these are at my temple area... Your scars not looks horrible... When I haventknown these site , i have tried co2 laser and this resulted more indented scar area... I want to share...

sezenci im from turkey too where do you live and can you send me before after pics :)) hangi doktora oldun onerirmisin

Sezenci liked
MemberMember
(@sezenci)

Posted : 08/09/2017 3:28 pm

4 minutes ago, tomwaits said:
On 07.08.2017 at 3:43 PM, Sezenci said:

I have same scars and these are at my temple area... Your scars not looks horrible...  When I havent known these site , ± have tried co2 laser and this resulted more indented scar area... I want to share...

sezenci im from turkey too where do you live and can you send me before after pics :)) hangi doktora oldun ¶nerirmisin

I send my telephone number ;) Go to your messages ! I have also topic which includes my before and after photos

MemberMember
(@ncorona)

Posted : 10/21/2017 4:56 am

On 03/08/2017 at 10:46 AM, I MAD said:

Does that guy have sex? Probably not.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 11/05/2017 1:05 pm

On 2017-10-21 at 11:56 AM, ncorona said:
On 2017-08-03 at 4:46 PM, I MAD said:

Does that guy have sex? Probably not.

That questions was just pathetic, really... Yes that guy probably HAS sex (He has, I have, You have etc , learn it) And also Look at Bukowski, one of the greatest writes in the world, with so horrible acne scars it's even hard to imagine, literally his face was all messed up, and if that wasn't enough he was ugly, who would want to have "sex" with him?. But he had sex, a lot of sex and a lot of pretty women in his life. Because he was able to give something else than just great looks... Which is what actually matters. So yes that guys probably has sex.

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 08/22/2020 5:00 pm

On 11/5/2017 at 1:05 PM, Duperele said:

That questions was just pathetic, really... Yes that guy probably HAS sex (He has, I have, You have etc , learn it) And also Look at Bukowski, one of the greatest writes in the world, with so horrible acne scars it's even hard to imagine, literally his face was all messed up, and if that wasn't enough he was ugly, who would want to have "sex" with him?. But he had sex, a lot of sex and a lot of pretty women in his life. Because he was able to give something else than just great looks... Which is what actually matters. So yes that guys probably has sex.

I'm sorry, you're getting this information where? He's told you?

I mean, it might not matter for him, being celibate. But it does matter to a lot of men, and to most it would be considered "life-ruining".

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/23/2020 7:28 pm

On 8/22/2020 at 3:00 PM, Nick Corona said:

I'm sorry, you're getting this information where? He's told you?

I mean, it might not matter for him, being celibate. But it does matter to a lot of men, and to most it would be considered "life-ruining".

Is sex the only important thing in your life?

If so, check out this guy https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4226328/man-no-legs-arms-hirotada-ototake-sued-wife-five-mistresses-affairs-japan/ . This Japanese man has lost all his arms and legs and his situation,which from my perspective, is much worse than the most severe acne scars in the world.

He got married and he got a string of affairs after that.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/24/2020 3:42 pm

So is sex the biggest motivation to getting your scars fixed? But suppose you got your fix, but no woman is attracted to you because you have no sense of purpose in life (after all, you sound pretty superficial to begin with). Oh my gawd, all the time and money you've spent was for nothing!!

Just in case you're not in the know, you need more than good looks to charm ladies into bed. But that's for another time.

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 09/09/2020 11:29 am

On 8/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, Sirius Lee said:

So is sex the biggest motivation to getting your scars fixed? But suppose you got your fix, but no woman is attracted to you because you have no sense of purpose in life (after all, you sound pretty superficial to begin with). Oh my gawd, all the time and money you've spent was for nothing!!

Just in case you're not in the know, you need more than good looks to charm ladies into bed. But that's for another time.

Why are you presuming what I want? I'm talking about what most people want.

I have a girlfriend. And my scars aren't that bad. But don't pretend like looks isn't the predominant factor women select men for. People with significant facial scarring or deformities will have a very hard time finding a partner. This is unquestionable.

I think you mean well here, but it comes across as unemphatic to the real-world consequences of having significant facial scaring.