Notifications
Clear all

The Caveman Regimen for me with water only and excercise

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 03/25/2017 11:51 am

So I have been doing the caveman regimen for a week now today is day 6 for me. I am 21 and have been struggling with acne since I was in high school i think it got worse in high school for me. Ever since I began to use different products and what not and natural treatments but then my mom took me to a dermatologist and they recommend a bunch of things, i ended up with using differen 0.1% since high school and it did clear up myt acne but made my face super sensitive and red. I had a big not huge but pretty nasty breakout when my parents left for vacation. I was getting mostly big pimples in my chin and around my neck. They stayed for super long and still am recovering today, anyways I decided to start this

Caveman thing 6 days ago which consists of not washing your face with products basically nothing on your face.

My Routine was

Morning wake up have breakfast and then wash with aveeno foaming cleanser and then apply aveeno moisturizer

Take showers every day in the afternoon and apple the same routine as the morning.

Night wash my face with cold water only and apply differen to pimples I had.

To be honest I wasnt really living life I felt restricted to my routines, and so I decided to try this regimen nothing to lose I guess.

Day 1 started off pretty bad I got pimples small ones though that surfaced and I have been exercising everyday now and noticed that it hasnt really affected my acne so Im glad with that. I drink lots of water and eat super healthy no dairy gluten all that.

Now I look at my face at one week of this regimen and I do see improvement in that I have not gotten a huge pimple in a while I obviously do have small ones but they are small and heal kind of quickly. I have one big one in my chin that now is small but still red not as red as when I started this regimen so I hope that with time it will go away. I will not be posting everyday but every week ill try to update this is just fro anyone to read if interested.

Overall I would say now my routine is I wake up I eat breakfast then I plash with cold water not too much not too long and dab with paper to dry not too hard I obviously have dead skin that is why I splash water though it is not noticeable unless you get really close. It has gotten better. Then in the afternoon I run for 20 minutes and then go take a shower but dont let water touch my face instead after that shower I splash with cold water. I havent used shampoo but today im using it once a week only.

This regimen is pretty easy but you got to be tough to handle it I guess, my acne isnt that bad compared to others but to me its bad of course id rather have clear skin, hopefully this works guys thank you.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 03/26/2017 1:15 am

I hope that this works for you. I got to the 3 week mark and could not handle the purging. My skin just didnt seem to work with this but ive heard it can for some but thats really only if your breakouts are caused by product irration. Good luck though. Fingers are crossed.

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 03/26/2017 3:31 pm

Thank you so much for the support I do feel like I'm still getting small pimples but it's like one and it heals quick. I do believe it was the products because my pimples were huge now they are small and it's just a matter of healing. I hope you find a way to clear your skin soon I feel as though we all have different skin types so this regimen might not work for everyone

MemberMember
(@cavewoman)

Posted : 03/27/2017 3:36 pm

I started this regimen a week ago also! And pretty much my skin is doing the same yours is. I get a few small pimples but they come a a head quickly and heal quickly. I am terrified of the purging period that everyone seems to have around the 3rd week. I hope when that come I'm strong enough to see it through!

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 03/28/2017 7:20 am

I'm glad to hear that this regimen is working for you too! So far I have small white heads but they heal quick and about the 3rd week period does that happen to everybody or is it rare??

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 03/28/2017 8:05 am

I also do get these whiteheads but as you said, they heal pretty quick.

MemberMember
(@cavewoman)

Posted : 03/28/2017 11:41 am

From every post I've read it's happened to everyone. But after that week is when Their skin really starts to change for the better.

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 03/31/2017 10:05 am

Hey guys I'm off the caveman regimen it didn't seem to work for me my skin got way too dry. I'm moisturizing now with Aragon oil 100% pure but I'm not washing my face other than water still no harsh chemicals. I am also taking zinc 50 mg and vitamin a 10,000 iu a day hopefully this helps.

Cavewoman liked
MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/01/2017 3:03 am

On the Caveman Regimen your skin will go through alot of changes. You cant just give up at the first change. It takes anywhere from 6 weeks to even 12 weeks for some people before they see results with caveman. You need something to clean your face from the bacteria. Water will not wash bacteria off and it will just multiply and your face will break out more. The oil is an excellent choice for your skin type. Have you considered Cetaphil face wash? Its very gentle. Also Id recommend taking vitamin e tablets. Zinc and vitamin a are great.

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/01/2017 9:11 am

Thank you I just got it 400 iu

Rachie39 liked
MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/17/2017 4:50 pm

I put on stupid cerave cleanser and mosituzer and broke me out now I have to wait for my pimples to go away. Not putting anything on and just takes vitamin D 2,000 vitamin e 400iu and zinc picolinate 50mg

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/20/2017 1:04 pm

I got tired of taking each vitamin sepreately so now i am taking Carlsons cod liver oil 2 tbsp a day after a meal and seeing if it works so far its been 3 days of doing it but no drasitc change although i have seen that my pimples have blended in more to my skin arent as big but hopefullly they will go away.

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/20/2017 5:21 pm

I have to take 2 tea spoons I'm so fucking stupid I have pimples now because I took too much COD

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/24/2017 12:36 pm

so far so good no new pimpls except for today i got 3 but 2 are smalll as hell and not noticable and the one neart my war but i think i got that from sweat. hoepfully this keeps working

MemberMember
(@tommograham1980)

Posted : 04/25/2017 4:38 am

Water only worked great for my neck and body (I do use Sulfur soap daily for intimate areas). Pretty much cleared my neck/back/chest. Couldn't get my face to settle to it though. Had to go back to my old routine.

MemberMember
(@rachie39)

Posted : 04/25/2017 4:46 am

5 minutes ago, Tommo1980 said:

Water only worked great for my neck and body (I do use Sulfur soap daily for intimate areas). Pretty much cleared my neck/back/chest. Couldn't get my face to settle to it though. Had to go back to my old routine.

Yeah its strange isn't it how the skin on your face reacts differently to your body, eg back and chest. Ive noticed that my back and chest breakout when I use face cleansers, but once I stop, and just use body wash, the acne clears up. But the same happened to me on the caveman. Back and chest cleared up but face got worse and didnt get better.

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 04/26/2017 4:11 am

I don't know about this regimen until I've read your post. Anyway, I guess whenever you apply something on your face, it reacts right away so just be more careful in choosing what you put on as your skin is really sensitive. Best of luck to you! :)

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 04/26/2017 5:47 am

Yeah it really does whenever I put something checmilas on my face it messes up my face. I know there are probably gentle cleanser and moisturizers but it's scary to find out since you may break out from trail and error with them